Rally RETROFESTIVAL NEWBURY AUGUST 2017 (1 Viewer)

Blakey

Free Member
Jun 17, 2017
Bath
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi Landy Lover, I'm in Spain at mo can I book a place at the retro fest in August at Newbury? and can I pay on line? I uploaded form but it's not allowing me to fill it out. Have you a facility that enables me to do that? I'll be back by mid July. Thanks

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi Landy Lover, I'm in Spain at mo can I book a place at the retro fest in August at Newbury? and can I pay on line? I uploaded form but it's not allowing me to fill it out. Have you a facility that enables me to do that? I'll be back by mid July. Thanks
Hi & welcome :hi:
Sure @Landy lover will get back to you with regards to returning the form & payment online is possible by BACS (details at bottom of the form) but please don't forget to add £1 to cover cost of envelope & postage for your pass.
Still spaces on this one & plenty of time left to book (y)
Look forward to seeing you there - you will be in good company as lots of Funsters are going & Newbies are assured of a warm welcome:hi5:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Landy lover

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years

As advised by Wombles plenty of room and you will be more than welcome . I you cannot fill the form out then suggest you print it out and then either scan it and send back as a Pdf or use your smart phone and photograph it and send to me. Full details are on the form at the bottom of the second page

Blakey

Free Member
Jun 17, 2017
Bath
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi Wombles, thanks for getting back to me. I will.be back in the U.K. On 7th July would it be still ok to fill out form and pay then?

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi Wombles, thanks for getting back to me. I will.be back in the U.K. On 7th July would it be still ok to fill out form and pay then?
Hi - I'm just helping out on this forum thread - it's Landy Lover who is doing all the work organising this one & who the forms go to but if you are back early July you should still have plenty of time to book as normally the cut off date is a few weeks before Retro (y)

OP
OP
Landy lover

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Worth just reminding people - IF YOU BOOK THROUGH THE RETRO SITE YOU WILL NOT BE WITH THE CLUBS _ YOU WILL BE IN GENERAL CAMPING NEARLY A MILE AWAY !!

You need to book with the form on this thread first post !!

IF you have booked via the Retro site and would prefer to be with the club then let me know straightaway and I will try and get you a refund so you can book with the club

YOU WILL ALSO HAVE PAID A LOT MORE - the club has very special rates .

I am told Newark which was a fantastic success used 60 acres of the showground - Newbury will be using 280 acres of the showground !!!!!!!!!!

Blakey

Free Member
Jun 17, 2017
Bath
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi Landy lover, yes have booked already with the Retro site about a week ago by mistake - my o/n 508611. I've asked for a refund so I can book direct with you. also realised that more than a 7m van is not allowed - I have an 8m so would have been refused entry anyway. I've advised them that I'm going to book through you now but if you could ask for a refund it would be much appreciated.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For any Newbies or members who have never been to an event with Fun before this is a good one to try :) There will be other Newbies, many fellow Funsters to chat to or if you need a helping hand or advice, we have an excellent spot in the main arena much better than you would get in general camping & it's cheaper too thanks @Landy lover & the RVOC team (y) There will be loads of live music, lots of stands & things to see plus there is a free shuttle bus into Newbury too!
Have a look back over this thread & the videos to see if you might like this then book via the booking form on page 1 if you want to come along & join us :hi: Please just ask if you have any questions.

Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 16, 2016
Herts
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Completed form emailed and payment transferred. We're excited to attend our first MF meet!

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Completed form emailed and payment transferred. We're excited to attend our first MF meet!
This should be a good choice as a first meet - there will be plenty of Funsters to welcome you & lots to see (y)
We had many Newbies & first timers at Newark Retro who said they had a great time so hopefully at this one you will too :)

OP
OP
Landy lover

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Yay - great to see some from Newark Retro booking for this one too! (y)

There are quite a few who have enjoyed Newark so much they are coming to Newbury - very pleasing that so many enjoyed it

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Is it possible to find out if we can dump grey waste at this site.
It was a bit touch and go at newark as we never found out if we could dump grey there.

Thanks

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Is it possible to find out if we can dump grey waste at this site.
It was a bit touch and go at newark as we never found out if we could dump grey there.

Thanks
Last year at Newbury there was an Elsan point nearby (next to the showers & toilet block) so possible to empty buckets or containers there & think as with most showgrounds there was a drive over place to empty at the end of the event - sure we will know what's possible this year once there so should be able to advise on arrival if not before.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Last year at Newbury there was an Elsan point nearby (next to the showers & toilet block) so possible to empty buckets or containers there & think as with most showgrounds there was a drive over place to empty at the end of the event - sure we will know what's possible this year once there so should be able to advise on arrival if not before.

Thanks, never thought about emptying into buckets.
Will have to sort something out refilling with fresh water as well.
Ohh this is a steep learning curve :D

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thanks, never thought about emptying into buckets.
Will have to sort something out refilling with fresh water as well.
Ohh this is a steep learning curve :D
Most carry either a water container with a spout or watering can for small top ups or a hose (food grade if drinking from taps) - you are welcome to borrow our hose if you need to. We were lucky at Newark as although we were too far away from the water point for our hose one of the RV guys offered us theirs :hi5: which was much longer!
With regards to the learning curve - 4 years in & we are still learning :)

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
you are welcome to borrow our hose if you need to

Thanks for the offer, i have a fairly long hose its dumping the grey
Easy, start engine and drive to tap.:D

That is an option but as above needed to get rid of some grey before filling up with fresh.
Wasn't sure about trundling around the site either as it seemed always busy.
Didn't want to pee anyone off being a newbie to meets :D

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Wasn't sure about trundling around the site either as it seemed always busy.
Didn't want to pee anyone off being a newbie to meets :D
There were lots of Newbies (new members) & First Timers (our name for established forum members on their first Fun meet/rally :)) at Newark & we were all both of these at some point - if in doubt just ask the marshals & if we/they don't know then will know someone who does!

Last edited:

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
There were lots of Newbies (new members) & First Timers (our name for established forum members on their first Fun meet/rally :)) at Newark & we were all both of these at some point - if in doubt just ask the marshals & if we/they don't know then will know someone who does!

I did ask about a dump point but no one seemed to know :(

As it was we didn't need water as we left on the Sunday night and just made it with the grey waste so dumped that at home :D

OP
OP
Landy lover

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Newbury site

Water will be available at 2 or 3 points around the club area
Grey water dump will be the same as the Black dump for RV 's and near the toilet block below the club area - there will be other points around the site
Chemical dump points will be marked and in similar locations.

By the time you all arrive the marshals will have all the locations sorted

WHEN YOU ARRIVE - if you need water please tell the marshals before you park

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Newbury site

Water will be available at 2 or 3 points around the club area
Grey water dump will be the same as the Black dump for RV 's and near the toilet block below the club area - there will be other points around the site
Chemical dump points will be marked and in similar locations.

By the time you all arrive the marshals will have all the locations sorted

WHEN YOU ARRIVE - if you need water please tell the marshals before you park

Will it be possible to use the facilities whilst staying on site say after a couple of days.

Thanks

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Will it be possible to use the facilities whilst staying on site say after a couple of days.

Thanks
Think the drive over waste point is normally only at the end of the festival but will send you a PM.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For those considering coming or who are already booked please note the following:
Arrivals are from 8.30am until 8.00pm on Thursday & Friday - there is no late arrivals area.
Entry Gate - RVOC/Fun will be camped near to the main arena so entry is via the Exhibitors Gate not General Camping Gate which is in fields further away. The gate staff should be aware of where Motorhome Fun are located but if not then mention that we are with RVOC & the RVs (y) - any confusion please let us marshals know on arrival & we can speak to the staff on the gate so all informed.
Fun Banner & RVOC Flag - hopefully these will be in a prominent place so you can spot our area as you arrive or just look out for the row of lovely big shiny RVs!
Groups - just a reminder that you need to arrive together to be pitched together as mentioned on the booking details - you will need to all be either booked with EHU or without to be next to each other.
Retro Vehicle Pass - please display this on entry & throughout the festival.
Wristbands will be given out on arrival & need to be worn at all times please - they are durable & waterproof.
Programs should be available on arrival day (£1 at the Retro stands normally near the entry point) & are a handy size to carry with you but details of days & times are also on their website & see the YouTube videos on this thread to plan who you don't want to miss! :dance2: With so many performing it is likely that some favourites may be on at the same time but possible to go backwards & forwards between all the stages.
Water - if your payload allows it then it's a good idea to arrive with some water on board but if you do need to fill up then as requested above please let the marshals know as you arrive so you can be directed to a tap before being pitched.
Waste Point, toilets & showers will be nearby & pointed out by marshals on arrival.
Jacobs Table - please bring some food to share (plus a paper plate for you?) if you might want to come along - everyone will be welcome :hi5: Day & time to be confirmed as subject to weather conditions. It's a great chance to meet fellow members.
Badges & windscreen stickers - we should have some small Fun badges (no names added) & stickers so please let us know if you want any of these.
Just ask a marshal if you have any queries or problems at Retro & if we can't sort it then sure we can find someone who can :smiley:
Be brave! If you want to mix then say hi :hi: to fellow Funsters & RVOC members around you & when passing, maybe wear your Fun badge & come along to the Jacobs Table gathering but equally if you just want to relax & enjoy Retro then that's fine too.

Last edited:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For anyone considering bringing children or grandchildren to Retro they have an impressive but friendly security team & strict rules which make it a safer event for everyone (y)
Safety - there is a zero tolerance drug policy, incoming vehicles may be searched, glass bottles & cans are not allowed in the showground & drinks are served in clear disposable plastic cups. We saw security patrolling & removing glass bottles from those that had taken them into the entertainment areas but it was all done in a friendly manner. Sealed bottles bought as gifts in the food areas are acceptable.
It is fine to have cans & bottles :drinks: in our immediate camping area but not beyond there.
If you need to drive out of the camping area during Retro then please let the marshals know so this can be arranged safely.
Security may check that you are wearing your wristband especially when entering the entertainment areas. The RVOC marshalling team have a good relationship & direct communication with the organisers & the security staff so if any concerns then just let them know or report direct to security.
As well as others camping & exhibiting there are visitors with day & evening tickets. As the RVs form part of the exhibition line up expect to see people walking & looking around our area - many chats going on too!

Please don't be put off by the above (essential at large events) as Retro Newark had a relaxed atmosphere with great entertainment so sure Newbury will be the same. They also had the most smiley & hardworking team of volunteers that we have encountered at festivals so far which all added to the festival spirit :dance2:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thursday night - although it may not be in the program the bar & some food stalls will be open for a limited time & there will be some music in the Black Hangar Stage just a hop, skip & jump away from our area ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back