Rally RETROFESTIVAL NEWBURY AUGUST 2017 (1 Viewer)

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
IMG_0917.JPG
IMG_0918.JPG
This pair of youngsters were off dancing earlier

Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 16, 2016
Herts
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks to all the Marshall sand in particular to Karen and Alan @Wombles for making us feel welcome at Newbury and also to all the Funsters and RVOC folk that we spent time with. We hope to meet you all again at future rallies

Safe trip home everyone!
Chris and Alice
Chrysalis

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Another good day at the Retro a bit of dancing in the Spitfire followed by a nice rest watching the jazz band.
A nice end to the festival with the Rock-Toons finishing the night off with another one of their excellent performances and great to dance to.

Early night tonight started on the red wine at 11pm.:eek::eek::eek:

Thanks to Bill, Phil, Karen and Alan, great job guys & girls.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
We would like to say a big thank you to Bill, @Landy lover @Wombles Karen & Alan and Phil @Taran_Las for a great weekend we came not knowing what to expect and are leaving having enjoyed every minute from the amazing cars and bikes the dancing and of course the people watching all the amazing dresses the lady's had on as well as the gents in their outfits, looking forward to next year.
Thank you Carol & Eddie.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Went to see The Fliks last night
Nearly two hours dancing has done me the world of good :D

Thanks to all marshalls and funsters we met.

Will be off reasonably early this morning so bye to all if we don't see you on the way out.
:wink:

Attachments

• IMG_3219.JPG
    IMG_3219.JPG
    187.4 KB · Views: 20

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
what a fabulous weekend this has been, made even more special meeting up with lovely 'old' friends and new..
special thanks to all the marshalls and organisers who have worked so hard on our behalf, thank you so much one and all.. (y)

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
I have to concur with you all, thanks firstly to all marshalls, security team, organisers. I danced for the first time in 30 years, the bands in Ricki tick were great. The whole event was well organised will be back maybe Newark and Newbury next year.

Sep 17, 2014
swansea
Funster No
MH
a class rv
Exp
@Carol Hi I did come and say hi to you both, but think you didn't recognise us.:roflmto: You must have thought i was some nut job telling you not to buy the sweets lol!
Kaye

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
@Carol Hi I did come and say hi to you both, but think you didn't recognise us.:roflmto: You must have thought i was some nut job telling you not to buy the sweets lol!
Kaye

Oh heck Kaye, I am sorry some times I just need a gentle reminder, with faces and names (think it's something to do with getting older) I did wonder if you were there, look forward to catching up again, @swanseajack13 sould soon put me right. x

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
@Carol they were the people that security removed from the marquee in Chester ray xx lol still lol they MUST not have wine gums sends them do lally tap :whistle2::drink::wine:they are coming to Malvern as well :party2:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Great to meet everyone & to know that you enjoyed Retro :) Some Funsters danced for the first time in years - that's what happens when you get in the festival spirit (y) Hopefully still lots more dancing to come at Sunshine & BunkFest :party2:& looking forward to seeing Funsters & RVOC members again there :hi5:

May 25, 2017
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
What a wonderful weekend, full of great music and dancing. Met some wonderful people. Some we knew and some were new.
Can't wait for next year :D
And a big thank you to all the marshals. Especially all the time spent fixing the electric issues xxxx (y)(y)(y)

Last edited:

scottie

Free Member
Mar 2, 2013
chandlers ford
Funster No
MH
Astec Devon 2008
Exp
July 2012
Just to say a big " thank you" to everyone who attended the Newbury retro festival for a wonderful weekend. In particular Karen, Allan an Phil, our main Marshalls. Well done for your tireless efforts, and we'll done to the auctioneers, and for some lovely food at the Jacobs table. See you at Malvern.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Dear Mr. Retro Organiser,

Would you please send some self addressed and stamped sacks so I can return all of your bloody grass that is still in my motorhome.

Yours sincerely.

Mr. N.O.N.E. Herbivore.

Dear Dr. Trickcyclist.

I'm now home from Newbury but I constantly wake in the night switching the lights on to determine if the power is still there. Is this a permanent thing or one of three phases I'll go through?

Yours sincerely.

Mr. Ed. E. Current.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Dear Mr. Retro Organiser,

Would you please send some self addressed and stamped sacks so I can return all of your bloody grass that is still in my motorhome.

Yours sincerely.

Mr. N.O.N.E. Herbivore.

Dear Dr. Trickcyclist.

I'm now home from Newbury but I constantly wake in the night switching the lights on to determine if the power is still there. Is this a permanent thing or one of three phases I'll go through?

Yours sincerely.

Mr. Ed. E. Current.
That did make Alan laugh! :roflmto:

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
@Taran_Las hay phil that is funny I can bale you out if you like but we will have to back to grass roots and I think you are a bit confused with the electric problem like the time you planted bulbs in your garden and it was still dark in in the night shocking ray xx lol still lol get the sheep in your m/h job done hay I hopr this helps :Grin::Grin::Grin:mad as a march hare

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
@Taran_Las hay phil that is funny I can bale you out if you like but we will have to back to grass roots and I think you are a bit confused with the electric problem like the time you planted bulbs in your garden and it was still dark in in the night shocking ray xx lol still lol get the sheep in your m/h job done hay I hopr this helps :Grin::Grin::Grin:mad as a march hare

Seconded:LOL:

OP
OP
Landy lover

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Dates for the Diary

RETROFESTIVAL NEWARK 2018 rallying from 7th to 11th June 2018 Show on from 8th to 10th

RETROFESTIVAL NEWBURY 2018 rallying from 9th to 13 August 2018 Show on from 10th to 12th

I will start a thread in a month or two !!

Nov 6, 2012
Guildford
Funster No
MH
3litre Bessacarr 765
Exp
Restarted 2012
Dates for the Diary

RETROFESTIVAL NEWARK 2018 rallying from 7th to 11th June 2018 Show on from 8th to 10th

RETROFESTIVAL NEWBURY 2018 rallying from 9th to 13 August 2018 Show on from 10th to 12th

I will start a thread in a month or two !!
Hi Landy Lover, (and all the others who made the show such a success) I can say that we will definitely be there next year along with Mike the Bike and Knight Templar. Many thanks for all your efforts. Mexican Pete

OP
OP
Landy lover

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
I think its time to put this thread to bed and close it with some thanks

Firstly can I publicly thank Rick and Rosie , Adi and Cassie , Malc & Audrey ( who dropped everything and came at a moments notice to help out due to losing one then two entrances to the field ). Wombles - Karen and Alan who have taken a personal task to speak to every rallier at least once and then Phil who I conned into helping last year for the first time. Then certainly not least my good lady wife who puts up with me beavering away on the computer sorting things out when she feels I should be sat with her .

Were it not for these people there would not be a rally - just a few RV's on display

Keep an eye open for a new thread for 2018 in a couple of months

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back