RETROFESTIVAL NEWBURY 7th TO 9th AUGUST 2020 CANCELLED (1 Viewer)

Feb 23, 2020
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class Pusher
Exp
since 2009
SADLY THE RETRO TEAM HAVE DECIDED TO CANCEL NEWBURY AS WELL AS NEWARK NOW DUE TO THE UNCERTAINTY WE ALL FACE - WE HOPE YOU WILL UNDERSTAND THEIR DECISION AND STAND BY THEM FOR 2021!

Full statement here: https://www.retrofestival.co.uk/coronavirus/

Well here it is that time again when we are preparing for the season rallies and you will be pleased to note that the same team of marshals have agreed to give up their time to work these rallies.

The venue is the same and we will be in the same area as before.

Due to obvious increases not only in the rent of the ground but just about all the other cost we have
had to accept a price increase again this year, but it is still a substantial saving over general camping with a pitch that's right in the thick of the action.

So book the time off and fill out the forms and secure your place at a fantastic Retro event.

The booking procedure is slightly different than last year in that it is being done electronically using Eventree, an event management company with extensive experience of large events such as Shambala, Boomtown and parts of Glastonbury.

When you follow the link below to Eventree you will be prompted to create a free account if you do not already have one ( which is really simple to do )

After you have filled the form in you will automatically be taken to PayPal, where you can pay either using your PayPal account or Credit / Debit card if you do not have one.

Once you have completed the payment process and once your application has been approved by the team, you will receive an Email in which you will get a gate pass in the form of a printable window badge ( to get you in the front gate ) and you will receive QR codes for both vehicle and passengers, these will need to be printed before you arrive at the showground.

DON'T FORGET THAT YOU HAVE TO BOOK WITH THE CLUB TO RALLY WITH THE CLUB AND THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN DO THAT IS TO FILL OUT THE ON LINE FORM

Any questions please contact Adi4 rather than Landylover ( Bill ) as we have taken over as head Marshals.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Adi, Cassie and the Team

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Great news thanks for your effort.
We will book next week when back in the UK. Can't wait to get on the dance floors.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
adi4
Feb 23, 2020
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class Pusher
Exp
since 2009
Thank you all for booking, without people there would not be a show,

Adi & Cassie

Jan 22, 2017
Bristol
Funster No
MH
DAF LF Conversion
Exp
Since 2013
We're booked too. Looking forward to it, was great fun last year.

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
Sounds an interesting show, and after countryfile live north cancelled, I've got that whole week already booked off.

I'll discuss it with my Co-pilot ?

Jan 22, 2017
Bristol
Funster No
MH
DAF LF Conversion
Exp
Since 2013
I'll be round to inspect your dancing shoes.:LOL:

She dances. I don't. After drinking a pint (ish) I might be tempted to do something that I think is dancing.

Spoiler alert: It's not dancing lol

Nov 6, 2012
Guildford
Funster No
MH
3litre Bessacarr 765
Exp
Restarted 2012
Hi Adi, all booked, arriving Thursday noonish.
Looking forward to another great show.
Peter and Linda.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Those of you that have booked can I ask what attachments did you get with the confirmation email.
All I received was a blank receipt with just the receipt number on it.

OP
OP
adi4
Feb 23, 2020
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class Pusher
Exp
since 2009
Those of you that have booked can I ask what attachments did you get with the confirmation email.
All I received was a blank receipt with just the receipt number on it.

Hi there.

It will be the same as last year, you will receive the tickets around 3 weeks before the show,

The only difference is this year you will receive an Email which will contain an information pack and directions, also you will get a gate pass and QR codes which ideally you need to print out and bring with you.

The gate pass will get the vehicle in the main gate and when you get to us on the show field we will scan the QR codes which will let us know where we are going to put you and how many wrist bands we need to issue.

Regards

Adi & Cassie

Jun 26, 2018
Funster No
MH
2004 Auto sleeper Rienza
Exp
6 years
Hi Ash. I have just seen on Facebook that due to the social distancing still being in place in August. The Retro Festival at Newbury has now been cancelled. Just bringing it to your attention.

OP
OP
adi4
Feb 23, 2020
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class Pusher
Exp
since 2009
I was going to update this thread when I got home from work but you have beat me to it lol.

SADLY THE RETRO TEAM HAVE DECIDED TO CANCEL NEWBURY AS WELL AS NEWARK NOW DUE TO THE UNCERTAINTY WE ALL FACE - WE HOPE YOU WILL UNDERSTAND THEIR DECISION AND STAND BY THEM FOR 2021!

Full statement here: https://www.retrofestival.co.uk/coronavirus/

Thank you

Cassie & Adi

Jun 26, 2018
Funster No
MH
2004 Auto sleeper Rienza
Exp
6 years
Hi Adi & Cassie
How do we go about having a refund? Can you give us any information please

OP
OP
adi4
Feb 23, 2020
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class Pusher
Exp
since 2009
Hi everyone, apologies for the delay, we were waiting for the 2021 dates to be announced

We will be sending out an email in the coming days to anyone who has purchased tickets informing them of their options

FYI the dates for 2021 are:

Newark 11/12/13 June
Newbury 12/13/14/15 August

We really hope you will be able to join us next year, those who have already purchased tickets and choose to transfer them to the 2021 show will have the price honoured as a small thanks for your support :)

Any queries please PM, the emails to those with tickets will be going out this week

Many thanks for your continued support,

Cassie, Adi and the Retro team!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back