Rally RETROFESTIVAL NEWARK JUNE 2017 (1 Viewer)

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Great show hope they do it next year ! Thanks to @Landy lover and @Wombles for all their help.
Nice to meet up with some new faces even if they were a bit grumpy @Silver-Fox . (Wink wink in case smiley not working again lol)
Looking forward to first visit to Stratford on Thursday

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Must admit I was a bit sceptical, it turned out to be a great weekend. Were fun camping in or outside the show.
We were inside as were an exhibitor, great value for money.
Not sure everyone wearing a dress was female though.

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Dare I ask what you were exhibiting !
We were inside the showground ....only a few yards from the pavilion and the entry gate so no trouble getting in or out ....very well looked after by the Marshall's too.
I did see a guy dressed in a beautiful pair of lacy French knickers but all adds to the fun lol.

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Dare I ask what you were exhibiting !
We were inside the showground ....only a few yards from the pavilion and the entry gate so no trouble getting in or out ....very well looked after by the Marshall's too.
I did see a guy dressed in a beautiful pair of lacy French knickers but all adds to the fun lol.
I took one of my motorbikes a BSA C15, by being a exhibitor we only had to pay £40.
Definitely be booking for next year.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thank you to all the Funsters & RVOC members who helped make this a great friendly rally! Also @Landy lover & the RVOC marshalling team for inviting all us Funsters (y) Looking forward to seeing some of you again at Retro Newbury :hi5: We are now having a relaxing time at the Stratford rally for a few days so if anyone here wants to find out a bit more about Retro Newbury then come & say hi :hi:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Forgot to say that Retro was great too - loads of fab acts & well run - more info. when have better WiFi.

Bulldog Boxy

Free Member
Sep 28, 2015
stoke
Funster No
MH
caravan was motorhome.
Exp
Had a brilliant time,thanks to all who helped organise a fab 4days at retrofest . Will definitely do it again next year.always enjoy become
Always enjoy neckenders company. Nice to meet new faces @silver--fox who gave us a helping hand with our jockey wheel cheers. Hitched up know problem and was still attached when we returned home lol thanks , hope to see you both at another funster meet. O and yes we also saw a few not so lady like rocking there frocks looked like they were enjoying retro too lol.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Must admit I was a bit sceptical, it turned out to be a great weekend. Were fun camping in or outside the show.
We were inside as were an exhibitor, great value for money.
Not sure everyone wearing a dress was female though.

Ahh you saw him as well :D

Nov 9, 2015
Shenfield, Essex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
35+ years mainly in VW's
Thanks to @Landy lover and @Wombles for the organising and marshalling, we had a great time over the weekend :)

O and yes we also saw a few not so lady like rocking there frocks looked like they were enjoying retro too lol.

We saw him too, but hey ho, live and let live :D2

We spent plenty of time chatting with a number of Funsters :D, and also gleaned some useful information on solar from Alan @Wombles; Paul @sarah + paul for explaining how to fill up refillable gas bottles; @Neckender for a really neat install of a gas fill point; @AllanK for his TV aerial :D

Plenty of food for thought over the coming months as to what next to do

Hope to see you again sometime soon

Cheers

Trevor & Ching

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Back home now after a short but lovely sunny time at Stratford :sun:Will be adding some photos of Retro Newark soon to tempt even more Funsters to come along next year?!
We were warmly welcomed the RVOC marshalls & members - it was great to see everyone chatting :hi5: & having a good time :dance2:
For many Funsters & some RVOC members it was their first rally so good to be able meet the people behind the forum names & look forward to seeing you again :hi: Know that quite a few of you have already made new friends (y) many bought outfits to dress up in Retro style & some of us had dance or two :blusher:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Will add some photos now to show our great camping area & try to give a feel of what Retro was like but recently a lot of the photos seem to disappear into a box with a red cross :worried: after a while so look now just in case. Hope this will help those considering the upcoming Retro Newbury or either Retro in 2018 :smiley:

DSCF6746.JPG

DSCF6749.JPG

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
IMG_20170609_204041097.jpg

Great outdoor festival atmosphere
IMG_20170609_224439991.jpg

Last edited:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
The excellent Revolutionaires :dance2:
IMG_20170610_191305125_HDR.jpg

Headline act Si Cranstoun
IMG_20170610_210907499_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Just talked some friends into joining Fun so they can join us at the Retro. Only problem is they said can you sort it all for us.:sneaky: Suppose I'd better as our daughter is marring their son in a few weeks & we are having the reception on their farm.:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back