Rally RETROFESTIVAL NEWARK JUNE 2017 (1 Viewer)

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
If arriving on the Friday what would be a good time to do so?
Is there a kind of a rush hour to avoid?

Thanks

I think the A1 would be the deciding factor, it gets a bit busy on a friday afternoon, so have a look on the 'tinternet this friday and gauge it, the newark show ground is right on the edge of the road

everything been equal I think we will aim for just after lunch as the kids [teenagers] have the day off , its a training day LOL

ps dont forget I owe you a pint and we will be there all weekend ;)

Is everbody dressing up 50's? :dance2:

OP
OP
Landy lover

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years

Dressing in character is optional but there will be lots doing it particularly in the evenings. daytime generally the displays are in character so either way you will be in good company

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I think the A1 would be the deciding factor, it gets a bit busy on a friday afternoon, so have a look on the 'tinternet this friday and gauge it, the newark show ground is right on the edge of the road

everything been equal I think we will aim for just after lunch as the kids [teenagers] have the day off , its a training day LOL

ps dont forget I owe you a pint and we will be there all weekend ;)

Thanks (y)

Forgot all about the Pint :rolleyes: and no doubt will again so if you can kindly remind me at the weekend much appreciated :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Last bump as getting sorted for Mello :smiley: & hope to persuade a few festival goers there to join Fun (if not already joined) & maybe to book for Newark Retro in time for the deadline next Tuesday?! :active:

Last edited:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Not long to go now! :Grin: For all those coming along don't forget to print off the 50p (every little counts :smiley:) discount voucher on page 4 & allow enough time if you plan to visit the Air Museum (& tea room) - it's free entry to their shop which sells aviation items & ice creams.
Suggest having a look at the videos on this thread & make a note of the acts that you really want to see (y) With 3 stages spread out across the arena it's easy to miss one & sometimes it's a tough choice when two are on at the same time. Know @Lenny HB will agree with me that Si Cranstoun (Black Hangar Stage Saturday 8.45pm & 10pm) is one not to be missed - he told us this last year & definitely top of our list!
If you are planning on buying tickets for the Spitfire Cabaret (burlesque :blusher:) then get them as soon as you can as they are very popular & do sell out.
Look/listen out for the times of the Air Show.
Don't forget the farm shop next door to the showground if you need to top up on festival survival supplies or just cake! :inlove:
We will be at Retro as part of the RVOC/Fun marshalling team so feel free say hello :hi: & let us know if you have any queries.
Karen & Alan

Last edited:

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Ok daft question time

How do I know what shows, if any, we can enter free and what we have to pay for?

I didn't see any info on this and I'm a total newbie to a festival and indeed a rally :D

OP
OP
Landy lover

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Ok daft question time

How do I know what shows, if any, we can enter free and what we have to pay for?

I didn't see any info on this and I'm a total newbie to a festival and indeed a rally :D

As far as I am aware in the Retrofestival the only - extra item you would be charged for is the Burlesque show. Young ladies nearly flashing their bits for you not to see in a risqué manner with the verbals to match. We went a few years back and I reckoned I see better at bed time every night - every one to their own !!

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Ok daft question time

Think it's a sensible question (y) & every festival & rally or meet is likely to be different.
For Retrofestival your RVOC/Fun pass (please display in windscreen from gate onwards) gets you in the gate & into our allocated area then you will be given wristbands (which are in place of tickets at festivals) to be worn at all times & no extra for the shows or displays apart from "The Spitfire Cabaret" which is a burlesque adults only show. There is no need to book this unless you want to as still 2 stages with great acts on at that time. Obvious extras are the fairground rides & entry to the Air Museum next door if that is of interest. Have a look on this thread for all the acts that I could find good videos for & on the website http://www.retrofestival.co.uk/newark/ for the full list. Sure programmes will available to buy there at extra cost but most info. is on the website & they update their Facebook (if you have internet access) page throughout the weekend https://www.facebook.com/RetroFestivalUK/
If you want to buy a souvenir then the charity fundraising t-shirt is £10 or aviation related items at the shop (free entry) at the Air Museum. Either option your money helps support good causes :)

This is our experience based on Retro Newbury last year so think it should be the same this year but sure @Landy lover will let us know if any different.

EDIT - just spotted that @Landy lover had already replied - knew I should have woken up properly before I replied!

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
As far as I am aware in the Retrofestival the only - extra item you would be charged for is the Burlesque show. Young ladies nearly flashing their bits for you not to see in a risqué manner with the verbals to match. We went a few years back and I reckoned I see better at bed time every night - every one to their own !!

I know we're not supposed to pick up on spelling mistakes but are you sure that's spelt correctly Bill;)

OP
OP
Landy lover

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Well we have a good crowd here and a lot already parked up - so much going on here that they put music on and opened the bars and some of the food stalls a day early. Weather cloudy a bit of wind but dry. Some fantastic acts on over the weekend and both days have some of the battle of Britain flights coming over some acrobatic displays and the red arrows are doing a fly past

Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
Having fun at Retrofest.
A few snaps. .
P1130973.JPG
P1130975.JPG
P1130979.JPG
P1130980.JPG
P1140010.JPG
P1140013.JPG
P1140016.JPG
P1140018.JPG
P1140019.JPG
P1140021.JPG
P1140024.JPG

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I must look a right miserable sod not many have "approached" me to say hi :cry:

I'm the happy go lucky bloke with the brown Bute hat on and probably with the small brown Patterdale dog :D

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
We are sat watching Gino. Thought the band on before were better.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back