Rally RETROFESTIVAL NEWARK JUNE 2017 (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
"Richie and the Rockets was only formed in October 2016. The new band was looking to change the style of music that it had been playing. There first gig in December 2016 was a complete sell out and a numerous amount of bookings followed for 2017. With years of experience behind them new band Richie and the Rockets have formed to produce a fantastic Jump Jive Harmony Band to make them one of the hottest new bands on the current rock n roll circuit."

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
"Greggi G & His Crazy Gang are a brilliant 4-piece party band playing classic rock and roll, jump jive, 50s, vintage swing and boogie-woogie in the style of Bill Hailey & Fats Domino. No matter what your favourite Rock ‘n’ Roll music style, you can be assured of a quality afternoon’s entertainment!"

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
" The Blazin’ Aces are a four piece band hailing from South Essex. They play a mix of rockabilly and rock’n’roll, covers and originals, jiver’s, boppers and strollers. They have been gigging on the rockin’ scene for over two years and have two albums under their belts; ‘Laydees and Gennelmen’ a mixture of covers and originals and ‘It Is What It Is…’ an album full of originals."

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Ska Brittania:
"A dynamic six piece Ska band covering Madness .. Specials .. Bad Manners .. UB40 .. The Piranhas .. The Kingsmen .. and much more
The best live ska band in the Midlands bar none "

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Recreating the sights & sounds of The Beatles Hamburg & Cavern Club beginnings!
The R ‘n’ Beatles play a blistering set of the terrific tunes that made up The Beatles’ live set in their early, pre-Fab Four days. Come along and jive your bobby socks off to belters like Long Tall Sally, Twist and Shout & Lucille. Smooch and sway to You Really Got A Hold On Me & Till There Was You. Plus, of course, plenty that Lennon and McCartney penned themselves like Saw Her Standing There, This Boy & I Wanna Be Your Man. All played in that great Beatles style!

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
As well as so much good music there are dance workshops for anyone that wants to learn a few moves! :dance2:
Not essential as plenty of other great acts on but for £5 extra (proceeds go to charity) on the Saturday night (& have to be over 18 :blusher:) there is the Spitfire Cabaret - "comedy, glamorous burlesque beauties, tap dancing, acrobatics and songs from the music hall" - so really something for everyone.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
To summarize - there's loads of great live music, dancing, interesting stalls & vehicles to wander around, an airshow, yummy food (also at the farm shop next door), the air museum (waiting to hear if they can offer discounted tickets) plus loads of Funsters & members of RVOC for company so no chance to get bored. If any of that tempts you then the booking form is on page one of this thread - not only do we get a central camping location but at a reduced rate & with the option of EHU (y) If you can't make these dates then have a look at Retro Newbury http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/retrofestival-newbury-august-2017.148942/ which has a different line up so maybe even consider booking both?!

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Newark Showground looks like a good venue - no worries if it's cold or rainy:
"We are very excited to turn the huge George Stephenson Exhibition Hall into the Spitfire Pavilion. At 102 metres long by 24 metres wide, this building will not only hold the Spitfire stage and dance floor, it also has the space for indoor trading, Vintage Allsorts Pop-up Tearoom and our refreshment bars."

18342288_1069300109838332_7342970198027595825_n.jpg

18423892_1069300213171655_7122563432133709502_n.jpg

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Not long to go now & there will be a lot of Funsters at this one! :hi5:
Still time to book & join us - see first post on page 1 :active:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Update from our contact with the Newark Air Museum - there is a discount voucher here http://www.newarkairmuseum.org/Newark_Disount_Voucher that takes 50p off per person which being a charitable trust is the most they can offer. You only need one voucher for each "group" . Alternatively quote code "NAM VV-2017" when buying your tickets for the same discount. It gets very good Tripadvisor reviews https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attra...-Newark_on_Trent_Nottinghamshire_England.html so looks worth a visit.
Their shop selling aviation items & ice creams is open to everyone but sadly access to the cafe is only for those who have bought Museum tickets.

Steam_NAM_aerial_view.JPG

Last edited:
May 31, 2015
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
2017 Carado T449
Exp
since 2000
Hi
I've already booked tickets for the show as didnt realise of the rallies here. Am I able to park up with you all so can get to know some people please? How do I go about it if can. Many thanks
Sarah + Paul

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi
I've already booked tickets for the show as didnt realise of the rallies here. Am I able to park up with you all so can get to know some people please? How do I go about it if can. Many thanks
Sarah + Paul
Hi - it's great that you are coming along to this Retrofestival as it looks like it will be a good one (y) Please PM @Landy lover with regards to whether you can be pitched in the RVOC/Fun rally area having booked direct but even if not then please do come over & say hello to us all :)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Cut-off date for Newark Retro Rally is just a week away now so don't delay if you would like to join us (will be a big group (y)) - booking form on first post on page 1 of this thread.

OP
OP
Landy lover

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
All passes for NEWARK show have now been posted - if you have not received yours by this weekend you need to let me know

As Wombles AKA Karen and Rob who have 'volunteered' to help marshal both Retrofestival 's have said I would like to close the books for NEWARK on the 24th so if you are planning on joining us please let me know ASAP

Its going to be a fantastic show

If you are going to NEWBURY show then passes for that event will be posted after the Newark show is over

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
All passes for NEWARK show have now been posted - if you have not received yours by this weekend you need to let me know

As Wombles AKA Karen and Rob who have 'volunteered' to help marshal both Retrofestival 's have said I would like to close the books for NEWARK on the 24th so if you are planning on joining us please let me know ASAP

Its going to be a fantastic show

If you are going to NEWBURY show then passes for that event will be posted after the Newark show is over
Hi @Landy lover I posted a cheque for £129 on 7 th March, and I haven't recieved my tickets as yet, our Friends received theirs a few days ago.
We're off for the week end so not back until Monday, so will have to see what post is delivered over the week end.
John.

OP
OP
Landy lover

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Hi @Landy lover I posted a cheque for £129 on 7 th March, and I haven't recieved my tickets as yet, our Friends received theirs a few days ago.
We're off for the week end so not back until Monday, so will have to see what post is delivered over the week end.
John.

I can confirm that your details arrived and cheque and pass etc. was posted on Tuesday 16th in your SAE as supplied - did you put 1st or 2nd class on it ?? We are finding 2nd class can take from 1 to 10 days to arrive these days so only ever send 1st on important things

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
If arriving on the Friday what would be a good time to do so?
Is there a kind of a rush hour to avoid?

Thanks

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
If arriving on the Friday what would be a good time to do so?
Is there a kind of a rush hour to avoid?

Thanks
Sure @Landy lover will reply with regards to RVOC / Fun Retro rallies but we only saw a short lull around 11.30am & 2.30pm but otherwise pretty constant arrivals on the Friday for general camping last year at Newbury Retro so even if our rally isn't busy with arrivals the general traffic for the whole festival may be. However as this is the first time at Newark for Retro it may be less busy than Newbury.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Still time to book this one at Newark but only if you can do it all electronically?! :active: Would need to be able to email the form & pay by BACS - see first post on page 1 of this thread for booking form. Please note that Tuesday 30th May is the cut off date for this option.
Booking still open for the later Retro in August at Newbury http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/retrofestival-newbury-august-2017.148942/ if you can't make Newark.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back