Retro fit 3 point seatbelts for a 590RL Suntor (1 Viewer)

Iankirk

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Sheffiekd
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Hi all,

Just bought a Swift 590RL Suntor - 03 plate, and I want to fit 3 point seatbelts on the rear seats - has anyone any knowledge of how to do this. - or any companies that can do it. Ps its on a Fiat Ducato chassis

Thanks

Last edited:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
I don't know the details about your particular van but from everything that I've heard (with one or two exceptions but don't remember the names) you can't fit three point seatbelts in the rear seat (I'm assuming you mean seat at the rear of the vehicle).

You certainly can't retro-fit in a conventional rear lounge van. Seat belts need a very strong steel framework that is attached to something as strong as as itself. So without removing the rear bulkhead and replacing it with a custom designed bulkhead there is no way you can do it. It is possible that you may be able to fit lap-straps if the configuration of the chassis will allow.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. You might find I'm talking out of my **** in which case you will find out soon enough, but I fear that it won't happen:Sad:

John

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
As Jaydee says, also the anchorage points need to be aproved and no one will fit them due to insurance problems in the event of an accident.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
All of the above plus don't be tempted to fit 3 point seat belts to sideways facing seats even if there are existing anchor points as this is dangerous for those travelling in them.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back