Rally Chat Retro Festival Newark / Newbury (1 Viewer)

Scary Ruth

Free Member
Jan 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2017
Hi. Are there any plans to organise Funster pitches again for these events? Thanks

Jan 22, 2017
Bristol
Funster No
MH
DAF LF Conversion
Exp
Since 2013
I think there might be an RV section at least ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Scary Ruth

Scary Ruth

Free Member
Jan 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2017
Any news on booking yet please? Landy lover?

Feb 23, 2020
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class Pusher
Exp
since 2009
Hi everybody.
We have taken over from Bill ( Landy Lover ) as Event marshals for both Retrofestivals.

We will be uploading a link to the booking form for both of the Retro shows in the next day or so.

Many thanks
Adi & Cassie

Feb 23, 2020
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class Pusher
Exp
since 2009
Hi all.

Quick update the link to ticketing should be active at some point tomorrow, and as soon as it goes live we will start a thread specifically for both of the Retro shows.

Adi & Cassie

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Hi everybody.
We have taken over from Bill ( Landy Lover ) as Event marshals for both Retrofestivals.

We will be uploading a link to the booking form for both of the Retro shows in the next day or so.

Many thanks
Adi & Cassie

Is Bill ok and will he be attending.

Thanks Rich

Feb 23, 2020
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class Pusher
Exp
since 2009
Is Bill ok and will he be attending.

Thanks Rich

Hi Rich.

Bill is Ok and is planning to be there, he has a lot going on at the minute, we were going to take over next year anyway.

We have offered to take over the ticketing system which will be electronic with QR codes, as we scan the vehicles in all of the information that we need as marshals will be there on the scanner ( no more looking for a reg number somewhere in a list of 120 vehicles on 6 sheets of paper on a windy day lol )

Many thanks
Adi

Sep 13, 2017
HERTFORSHIRE
Funster No
MH
C CLASS
Exp
I'M A NEWBIE
Hi, we’ve already booked for Newark , how do we get to pitch up in the club area? Cheers.

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Is there anywhere to go other than hell if I don't really like Landrovers? ( and I have had four of them in various series/marques and they have all been surpassed by Jap Crap, made a fortune pulling landies out of the mire with my Isuzu Trooper and Mitsubishi! ( and duck to avoid the fall out from Diehards or idiots that have paid over the odds for a Defender as they don't make them anymore) Contrary to popular belief Landrovers do rust. break down and get stuck are slow noisy and uncomfortable and smell worse than my dog! Japanese products also do the same but with more finesse :giggle:
And now the argumentative discussion begins :blusher:

Feb 23, 2020
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class Pusher
Exp
since 2009
I'm sorry but am I missing something here.............. I am sure that this has absolutely nothing to do with Retrofest :mask:

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Thats what I thought but reading the posts it seemed to be fixated around Landrovers or do I take another perspective? All I interpreted is something about loving Landrovers! I seemed to have crossed wires over Landylover sorry if caused offence but I do have a bee in my bonnet about Landrovers and the urban myth that they are the bogs dollacks ! I will crawl back into the primeval sludge that I came from and wear my reading glasses in future and apologise profusely for my lack of tact ?‍♀️

Feb 23, 2020
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class Pusher
Exp
since 2009
Thats what I thought but reading the posts it seemed to be fixated around Landrovers or do I take another perspective? All I interpreted is something about loving Landrovers! I seemed to have crossed wires over Landylover sorry if caused offence but I do have a bee in my bonnet about Landrovers and the urban myth that they are the bogs dollacks ! I will crawl back into the primeval sludge that I came from and wear my reading glasses in future and apologise profusely for my lack of tact ?‍♀️

Thanks for clearing that up ;) .........however I actually own a Nissan Patrol with a Cummins in it so I am tempted to agree with you (y)

Feb 23, 2020
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class Pusher
Exp
since 2009
Hi, we’ve already booked for Newark , how do we get to pitch up in the club area? Cheers.

Hi there.

To join the club in the rally field you have to follow the link on the Retrofest thread and fill out the form to be in the system.

Regards

Adi

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Is this thread about the Retro Festival Newark & the Southern Motorhome Show at Newbury? Not two retro rallies?
EDIT: it could be the latter :) two retro rallies, one Newbury the other Newark so its just the land rovers to think about :)

Feb 23, 2020
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class Pusher
Exp
since 2009
Is this thread about the Retro Festival Newark & the Southern Motorhome Show at Newbury? Not two retro rallies?
EDIT: it could be the latter :) two retro rallies, one Newbury the other Newark so its just the land rovers to think about :)

This is the official Retrofestival Newark

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...k-12th-to-14th-june-2020.213829/#post-3725028

I will be posting another thread for Retrofestival Newbury in the next few days

Regards

Adi

Mar 11, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
2 years
I would like to go to the Newbury one again, we had an amazing time last year. Could you send me details please

Feb 23, 2020
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class Pusher
Exp
since 2009
I would like to go to the Newbury one again, we had an amazing time last year. Could you send me details please

Hi there.

I will be posting another thread for Retrofestival Newbury in the next few days

Regards

Adi

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
What do you make of this email received last night. No mention of money being returned. And flying in the face of government advice. Strange

To all Retro Festival supporters​
The ongoing concerns regarding Covid-19 and Coronavirus are, correctly, in everyone’s minds at present. With this in mind, we have decided to explain our current approach and the consideration given to it.​
Since the early stages of the progression of the virus within the UK, we have been in regular contact with appropriate expert bodies and sought out all current professional advice to determine an appropriate, safe and considered response to ongoing concerns.​
At this time, and after due consideration of advice from the UK’s Deputy Chief Medical Officer which stated that “[since] the virus will not survive very long outside, many outdoor events, particularly, are relatively safe”, we have decided that the Festival will proceed as planned, with suitable measures and steps undertaken to provide suitable assistance to our customers in maintaining suitable hygiene, sanitation and public health steps.​
There are 2 immediate concerns expressed by customers that we wish to address at this time and provide definite reassurance to our valued supporters:-​
1) The Festival will proceed as planned without cancellation and, in as far as is within our control, on the original date, though it goes without saying that should Government and scientific advice change and the date were to become unsuitable for a public gathering, the Festival will run with the shortest possible postponement. Postponement will only be if Government advice, contrary to its current position, is to suggest that it would be unsafe on its current date and [postponement] would then be for the shortest time possible before the Festival takes place.​
2) In the event that any of our customers are unable to attend the Festival due to self-isolation as a result of infection or possible infection, we will honour that same ticket to the next Festival without any further costs or fees. We hope our customers appreciate that this is a major step not replicated by many other festivals and is indicative of our wish to stand by our customers through this time, as we hope they stand by us.​
Public Health England have been very clear in their message that improved personal hygiene, awareness of symptoms and self-isolation for those affected are the primary steps on which the UK’s response will focus. To support this and assist our customers, we are already committed and have begun work towards the following:-​
• A substantial up-scaling of hygiene facilities available at the festival including hand sanitising points and hand washing stations;​
• Provision of ample signage and other information distribution in the run up to and at the Festival highlighting all public information, symptom awareness and “What to do” briefings to assist our customers in supporting our efforts to produce a safe event in line with national approaches to managing the ongoing public health concern;​
• A significant increase in the quantity of toilets, showers and other welfare facilities available;​
• Deployment of a dedicated team who will collectively clean, maintain and sanitise toilet, shower and other washing facilities 24/7 throughout the Festival;​
• A full appraisal of the current environment will be carried out by our Festival’s dedicated Medical Team who will implement such additional measures as are recommended in light of the ongoing outbreak to suitable manage any persons who may become unwell. Our consideration in respect of medical services provided remains as it always has been – we aim to ensure that our customers have quicker and easier access to medical services at our festivals than they would in their home. That objective will remain the case moving forward and we will fully commit to all suitable steps and investment to maintain it;​
• We are working actively to take sensible steps to increase the size of our event spaces and Arena, with a view to allow persons more room and decreasing close contact within the Festival.​
We would like to summarise this announcement and re-iterate the following:-​
• We are firmly committed to ensuring that the Festival takes place on its planned date, in a safe manner and with all suitable consideration and investment undertaken to place customer welfare as an uninterrupted priority;​
• Should public health advice change from its current guidance that outdoor events remain safe, we will consider postponement of the Festival to such a time that no risk is posed in this respect;​
• Even in the event that you are unable to attend the festival as a result of infection, we will voluntarily honour your ticket for the next Festival at no cost to you.​
We hope you appreciate our efforts and the steps we are taking to manage the Festival safely and sensibly; we certainly appreciate your ongoing support.​
Looking forward to seeing you all at the show.​
The Retro Festival Team​

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
I think they are probably not sufficiently insured and stand to lose a lot of money. Clearly they are skewing what the real expert advice is.

Dec 5, 2017
York, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Almost approaching average
Yeah I got this one. Pretty disgraceful really as I interpret it they are panicking as they’ve spent or committed our money, paid early in good faith. I’ll be chasing them but I’d bet that when push comes to shove, whatever financial vehicle they’ve set up to organise the event will go bust taking our money with it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back