Retractable Step For Pvc's (1 Viewer)

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
At work today I had to have a hearing test that was conducted in a mobile audiological unit, a Tranny. I noticed as I was leaving after the test that as I opened the side sliding door a wide step automatically extended at the same time, very neat and I wondered if PVC owners are aware of this product, of little use to me as I have an A class.
I believe the company was called AVS, hopefully this may be of some use to PVC owners on here.
Take care.
Norman.

Weinsbergaman

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Wirral, North West England
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
At work today I had to have a hearing test that was conducted in a mobile audiological unit, a Tranny. I noticed as I was leaving after the test that as I opened the side sliding door a wide step automatically extended at the same time, very neat and I wondered if PVC owners are aware of this product, of little use to me as I have an A class.
I believe the company was called AVS, hopefully this may be of some use to PVC owners on here.
Take care.
Norman.

Sorry for being dumb but what is a PVC?

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Take care.
Norman.
hi norman, think most of the manufacturers do that kit...it was certainly available when I put my slide out Omni in, but the price was silly, so I settled for the relay which retracts the step on ignition or engine run..
that's most probably why you don't see many with that feature....
hoping all is well and you are not working too hard..
ta andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the americans fit similar to SUVs. open the door and a step powers out

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Ours has a Thule electric step but it isn't automatic, just a switch inside the door pillar. I'm not sure automatic is a wholly good thing, it would be going in and out umpteen times a day but interesting to hear about the idea.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
I have to say I'm not a fan of automatic retracting steps. I read a story of a couple a while ago that put me off the idea, she went to get in the motorhome via hab door just as he started the engine and the step retracted tipping her out and causing a very nasty broken ankle. The side step on our own van has a loud buzzer that sounds when ignition on and step out and I have a toggle switch on the dash from where I can retract or extend the step with ignition on, I feel this is a much safer option.

D.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back