Retirement reminder boys. (1 Viewer)

Feb 28, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 175
Exp
It is important for men to remember that, as women grow older, it becomes more difficult for them to maintain the same standard of housekeeping as when they were younger.
When you notice this, try not to shout at them. Some are over-sensitive, and there's nothing worse than an over-sensitive woman. My name is George, let me relate how I handled the situation with my over-sensitive wife Mildred.
When I took early retirement last year, it became necessary for Mildred to take on an extra job to generate the extra income that we need.
Shortly after she started the job I began to notice how she was showing her age. I now get home from the pub about the same time she gets home from work. Although she knows how hungry I am, she always says she needs to rest for half an hour before making dinner. I don't shout at her, I just tell her to take her time and wake me up when dinner is on the table. I generally have lunch at the pub, so eating out again is unacceptable; I'm ready for home cooking when I get in.
She used to do the dishes when we finished eating, but now she leaves them lying around for several hours. I do what I can by diplomatically reminding her every few minutes that they won't clean themselves. I know she appreciates this as she usually washes them before bedtime.
Another symptom of ageing is complaining. For example she complains that she has not enough time in her lunch hour to do all the shopping. I smile, and suggest that she spreads the shopping over 2 or 3 days, and that it wouldn't do her any harm to skip lunch completely once in a while.
Tact is one of my strong points.
I know I look like a saint in the way I support Mildred. Showing this much consideration is not easy. Many men will find it difficult - some will find it impossible. However, if you show a little more tact and diplomacy towards your ageing wife as a result of reading this, I will consider writing it was well worthwhile.
EDITORS NOTE:
George died last week - he was found with a 24 inch Stanley screwdriver stuck up his arse with only 2 inches protruding.
His wife Mildred was arrested, but an all female jury accepted her defence that he had accidentally sat on it.

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
It is funny and made me laugh :D unfortunately I do know a couple of men who aren’t that far removed from George and actually believe their attitude is acceptable:( my man thank goodness is not one of them and has taken over a lot of the household chores when he retired and when I get in after being at work all day, I find a nice clean house and a lovely tea awaiting:D:D

Here’s to all the men who are our partners in the true sense of the word and may all the Mildred’s of the world have a Stanley screwdriver close to hand:whistle:

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I do remember George and Mildred, a great comedy, they sound very familiar to your story.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I can get into a lot of trouble for this but-

I have no objection as a "retired" gentleman to doing a portion of the household chores, However my good lady wife flatly refuses to Empty the Cassette toilet, Clean her car, or the R-V. I have yet to persuade her that knowing how the maintain her vehicle, do an oil change and ensure that the said velocipede is ready for the MOT tester, is in her best interests, and will save her a lot of Pension money in the case of my demise. Whilst she is not adverse to "titivating" with the garden, Cutting the lawn and digging the veg plot is decidedly within my "job Description", as is cutting and splitting the wood for the log fires she so enjoys in cold weather. She has shown an avid interest in the decorating of our abode, amounting to spending large sums of beer tokens, on said paint and wallcovering with associated matching fabrics etc; and as Forewoman is helpful in pointing out the "painters holidays", and the fact the having put the first two runs up the pattern in the paper is reversed.

There are many other items I am sure I have overlooked, and no doubt I will be "gently" corrected is short order.

Still, I suppose after 54 years, the fact we still reside together and find time to have FUN, laugh when the world is being particularly nasty to either of us, must account for summat!.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
I can get into a lot of trouble for this but-

I have no objection as a "retired" gentleman to doing a portion of the household chores, However my good lady wife flatly refuses to Empty the Cassette toilet, Clean her car, or the R-V. I have yet to persuade her that knowing how the maintain her vehicle, do an oil change and ensure that the said velocipede is ready for the MOT tester, is in her best interests, and will save her a lot of Pension money in the case of my demise. Whilst she is not adverse to "titivating" with the garden, Cutting the lawn and digging the veg plot is decidedly within my "job Description", as is cutting and splitting the wood for the log fires she so enjoys in cold weather. She has shown an avid interest in the decorating of our abode, amounting to spending large sums of beer tokens, on said paint and wallcovering with associated matching fabrics etc; and as Forewoman is helpful in pointing out the "painters holidays", and the fact the having put the first two runs up the pattern in the paper is reversed.

There are many other items I am sure I have overlooked, and no doubt I will be "gently" corrected is short order.

Still, I suppose after 54 years, the fact we still reside together and find time to have FUN, laugh when the world is being particularly nasty to either of us, must account for summat!.
I have to admire your tolerance in very trying conditions.
Perhaps if you let her see this thread it may help to jolt her a little?

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I have to admire your tolerance in very trying conditions.
Perhaps if you let her see this thread it may help to jolt her a little?

Hey I know I`m brave, but that would be committing suicide!.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back