Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
W

Who knows , we could be bombing the #### out of another country who have weapons of mass destruction. Haha
That might just be in 2 months time. but not a walkover this time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I’m not allowed spare time - there’s always a job list at home left for me
I thought your spare time was mainly modelling for calendars and doing strip nights at hen parties ?

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
How much would it save if politicians also had to wait until 75 for their generous pension and also if they had to pay for their own accommodation and food while “being a politician” can’t bring myself to describe it as working ??‍♀️

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
How much would it save if politicians also had to wait until 75 for their generous pension and also if they had to pay for their own accommodation and food while “being a politician” can’t bring myself to describe it as working ??‍♀️
They are perks of the job. We can all have employment pensions.

Become an MP if you want their perks.

Apr 30, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
A/S Clubman
No, I was blessed with brains so used them to the best of my ability.
What a pity I was so stupid and had to retire @ 69 I wonder how many other stupid people are on here . If you were serious in your remarks I suggest you have no reality of the real world , I will not reply to this as not wanting to start world war three, and do not wish to divulge the history of my entire life , but I will say life is not always that simple . Yours a stupid person .( you can tell by the lack of grammar etc )

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
What a pity I was so stupid and had to retire @ 69 I wonder how many other stupid people are on here . If you were serious in your remarks I suggest you have no reality of the real world , I will not reply to this as not wanting to start world war three, and do not wish to divulge the history of my entire life , but I will say life is not always that simple . Yours a stupid person .( you can tell by the lack of grammar etc )
I have no idea of the point you are trying to put over. You seem to have misinterpreted mine also.

I used the best of my skills to give me a good life. Same as talented artists, builders, doctors, athletes etc.

Sorry if this offends.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Nowadays the bottom line is that every UK government sees the cost to HM Treasury of the State Pension as an obstacle to funding its political aims, whether it is reducing direct taxes (tories) or boosting other state benefits (labour).

This goes hand-in-hand with propaganda that labels the State Pension as a "benefit" instead of an entitlement, and seeks to stir up inter-generational hatred about so called "unfairness" to get the millenials and Generation XYZ blaming the baby boomers who are now mostly retired, for problems that they face that have been caused by decades of government economic mismanagement, and globalism. Very nasty and cynical.

I noticed that in Hammond's last Budget speech the word "pensioners" was missing. The political class really don't care about pensions except their own gold plated ones.

Slightly OT, the published Tax Calculation for Mr J B Corbyn (by way of example) for 2015/16 showed he received UK pensions and state benefits totalling £36,045 in addition to his MP Salary and other income.

As a replacement income percentage the UK's state pension is one of the lowest in the OECD yet it is somehow "unaffordable". It should be called out as a national disgrace.
Maybe the if we remained in the EU they would fund our pensions the same way Britain appears to fund EU members pensions.

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
They are perks of the job. We can all have employment pensions.

Become an MP if you want their perks.
Yeah I guess so... have I been swept up in sensationalist reporting? Probably... I tell others that comparing is seldom either an equally balanced or balanced or a useful tool ?

tony dellar

Free Member
Sep 12, 2017
Funster No
How old is IDS ( ignorant dosey slob ) ? I,d like to see him do a week on a building site or a steelworks etc ,I,m 64 and do light building jobs I CAN'T jump about like I used to , I couldn't imagine trying it at 70 even . These office wallahs have no idea

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Would you like a 74 yr old surgeon operating on you?
Deteriorating eyesight? more easily fatigued? Hand tremors?
Still think it is a good idea?
No. They'd make enough to retire early, like me.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
How old is IDS ( ignorant dosey slob ) ? I,d like to see him do a week on a building site or a steelworks etc ,I,m 64 and do light building jobs I CAN'T jump about like I used to , I couldn't imagine trying it at 70 even . These office wallahs have no idea
Get an office job then. No point in whining about them.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I couldn't wait to leave the UK when I retired. Sick of folk moaning about folk who've done well and made some dosh. It's like it's a crime.

Nobody moans here, thankfully.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
I want to let all the ex mod( army , navy , raf ) funsters have you inquired about your entitlement of a mod pension , I did out of the blue and was pleasantly surprised I was entitled to one PLUS it was back dated to when I was sixty so I got 2lump sums plus monthly pay ! I did 6 and half yrs service

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I couldn't wait to leave the UK when I retired. Sick of folk moaning about folk who've done well and made some dosh. It's like it's a crime.

Nobody moans here, thankfully.

I suspect you haven’t been missed by many.

It’s extremely arrogant ( and indeed stupid) to think that a factory worker can just slip into an office role when they reach 65. :doh:

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Not how it works though is it.
Not everyone is cut out to be in an office.
You get out of life, what you put into it. I know loads of folk who've moaned all their lives. I know an equal amount who've put in the extra work and training to get ahead.

We all have a choice.

Many folk on here with £100k campers. Maybe they'll be next on the agenda ?

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
When some of you go to the doctor's, do you tell him what's wrong with you? Or just tell him he earns too much?

And solicitors are the worst.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
When some of you go to the doctor's, do you tell him what's wrong with you? Or just tell him he earns too much?

And solicitors are the worst.

No, I just tell him there is a PITFA on MHF who drinks too much occasionally and tends to talk out of his arse.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back