Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Given bond and investment yields plus health care being all but abolished, perhaps euthanasia will become and Trump NHS norm, or Brexit bonus

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Not many physically demanding jobs about today,,think its illegal to even lift anything over 33 kg,and cant remember the last time i saw a construction worker with a shovel..BUSBY:D

Out of interest have you ever tried plastering for 8 hours a day

Laid chipboard floors for 8 hours a day.

That’s just two jobs that are physically demanding

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Just one comment regarding your information SD how could Corbyn have received £36k in benefits. Is this accurate. Seven hundred pounds a week for what?
his pensions. Personally I have always stated that anyone retiring early on any type of state pension should legally be banned from any type of paid work,with loss of pension/jail for those doing it.
I’m trying to figure out why it’s worse for women.
60 to 67 is 7 year increase whereas 65 to 67 for men is only 2.
From IDS on Twitter

"Removing barriers for older people to working longer has the potential to improve health and wellbeing, increase retirement savings & ensure the full functioning of public services for all. CSJ report argues for more support for older workers: better healthcare support....1/2
Hopefully someone will pug him down. Should have happened years ago.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I bloody hope not, my 67 is too long to wait, never mind 70.

Stupid ideas some people have who sit on their fat arses at a desk all their lives and think everyone can work forever

They ought to try vulcanising or a labouring job for a few years as I have done, they would be putting it down to 60 if they did.

Couldn’t agree more, easy for a desk jockey to add years onto a pension date

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Do not fear about this the rate of death is now dropping by several months a year for the past two years and it will continue to drop. Type two diabetes is the reason and it now affect a large proportion of the poulation and getting bigger all the time.. It is affecting children as well and the child born in the past ten years will have a statisical age of death of 55/58 years old.
We the current pensioners have been the ones to have it best, it will only get worse from now..
United Nations Agende 21 (now 31) is to reduce the WORLD population by about 5 Billion over the forseeable future, so all the things you see about global warming etc are the reasoning to be able to bring it about. Disease and famine are the best methods in the undeveloped world and chronic diseases in the developed one, all being arranged at the moment. In a few weeks time there WILL be a concerted media effort worldwide to really push the global warming hypothesis to basically give the go ahead for stringent cutbacks of basically everything that is currently our ways of life.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
If you're out of work at 65 who's going to take you on for a further 10 years with all the possible health issues and sickness benefit which will fall on the employer for the first 6 months of each illness period.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
If you're out of work at 65 who's going to take you on for a further 10 years with all the possible health issues and sickness benefit which will fall on the employer for the first 6 months of each illness period.
Zero hours or agency, that’s how they will get round it

Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
Terrible treatment of women. WASPI (women against state pension inequality) have taken this to the high court. If they win, this government may well gave to pay compensation,which is what they are seeking. The changes were made too quickly without giving women time to plan. Hard to see them losing to be fair.
Fully agree as my wife born 1955 had the same problem-but didn't it get thrown out of court about a year ago?

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
How inconsiderate of people to live longer. The cheek of it!

I totally disagree with this stance.

If you have worked and planned your retirement at a particular age, based on information direct from the government then I believe that is in all purposes a contract.

To then change someone’s retirement age just before their planned retirement date has a MASSIVE impact of their life, that of their children, family, grandchildren etc.

You just can’t f*** with the planning that is required for retirement / child care plans ( for grandchildren etc), cash flow etc.

It ABSOLUTELY ok for MP’s to change the rules, because they are on a guaranteed retirement income irrespective of market forces / Brexit / Trump / any shit. They are immune from the state of the economy.

I fully understand that things may be a challenge with regards to affordability for the pension burden in the UK, but changing near term rules to affect people at the last minute is NOT the way to address it.

Bringing in higher corporation tax or whatever may address it; I’m not sure - but pulling the rug from people who have worked all their lives (and in my case from 14yrs+) is NOT the way to do it.

Wilberforceftw

Free Member
Jul 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Swift 614
Exp
I totally disagree with this stance.

If you have worked and planned your retirement at a particular age, based on information direct from the government then I believe that is in all purposes a contract.

To then change someone’s retirement age just before their planned retirement date has a MASSIVE impact of their life, that of their children, family, grandchildren etc.

You just can’t f*** with the planning that is required for retirement / child care plans ( for grandchildren etc), cash flow etc.

It ABSOLUTELY ok for MP’s to change the rules, because they are on a guaranteed retirement income irrespective of market forces / Brexit / Trump / any shit. They are immune from the state of the economy.

I fully understand that things may be a challenge with regards to affordability for the pension burden in the UK, but changing near term rules to affect people at the last minute is NOT the way to address it.

Bringing in higher corporation tax or whatever may address it; I’m not sure - but pulling the rug from people who have worked all their lives (and in my case from 14yrs+) is NOT the way to do it.
My post was tongue in cheek. Not sure if you think I was being serious but to avoid doubt I wasnt?

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well people will keep voting for Tories

The same Tories that say they've no money but have land hands on 400+ million to deal with a no deal brexit.

Human rights just been scrapped too ....

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I am not condoning the treatment of the WASPI women my wife is amongst them but I think you will find the issues were generally exacerbated by the weak Labour party who failed to act on the serious issues of affordability building up in the pension system, leaving the Tories to do the difficult deed years later.
Government debt is already eye watering but if you also include unfunded pension liabilities then it is off the scale.
You rightly refer to the Conservative government Eyewatering Dept. sussexlad, time for change maybe......

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Yes it was, certainly in my Grandsons case.

This reply is OT. Please bear with me now that the subject of apprenticeships and training has taken the pension age thread off on a tangent.

Not long ago, I was astonished to discover that the very 1st module in the day release College course of an Apprenticeship scheme for a carpenter was "Diversity and inclusion". Hasn't this stuff been covered at school? Shouldn't health and safety training be given higher priority on Day One? Politicisation of the course content could be one more reason for UK employers to be reluctant to invest in training and pay the levy.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I have no particular fondness for the current Tory Govt buttons. But it’s ridiculous to suggest a change of Govt will help sort the deficit. Labour would borrow more money not less.
Looking at some of the promises of Boris recently I'm not so sure. It was the Dementia tax proposal that killed Theresa May stone dead, now we have something that is just as unpalatable for the masses in dismantling the Old age Pension. Sajid Javid will have his hands tied, borrowing will become a big temptation for him to balance the books.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
This is why they want us out of Europe. All workers rights will be chucked out.

With respect, I have to disagree. Based on my long experience in that practice area, that is extremely unlikely. There are examples of statutory employment rights that became law before the UK joined the EU. You could argue that the UK government was years ahead of the EU. Some examples where the UK even went further than was required by the EU empoyment Directives, even under the Tories.

Inevitably, things such as qualifying periods for unfair dismissal rights, or trade union balloting, are always going to be political footballs, so they will get adjusted up or down depending on the party in power. There will be some changes for political headline-grabbing reasons, but chucking out all workers rights is less probable than almost anything I can think of. I am confident that workers rights are here to stay.

Tribbtravs

Banned
Oct 13, 2017
Funster No
With respect, I have to disagree. Based on my long experience in that practice area, that is extremely unlikely. There are examples of statutory employment rights that became law before the UK joined the EU. You could argue that the UK government was years ahead of the EU. Some examples where the UK even went further than was required by the EU empoyment Directives, even under the Tories.

Inevitably, things such as qualifying periods for unfair dismissal rights, or trade union balloting, are always going to be political footballs, so they will get adjusted up or down depending on the party in power. There will be some changes for political headline-grabbing reasons, but chucking out all workers rights is less probable than almost anything I can think of. I am confident that workers rights are here to stay.
I do hope you are right on this but at the moment we seem to be going to hell in a handcart.

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
I have no particular fondness for the current Tory Govt buttons. But it’s ridiculous to suggest a change of Govt will help sort the deficit. Labour would borrow more money not less.

Since the Tories came to power the national debt has grown from £1 trillion to £1.8 trillion and all this preparation for B will according to the OBR increase the deficit to new highs. This myth that the Tories are the party of fiscal responsibility is just that - a myth perpetuated by the media all owned by offshore billionaires who know where their interests are best served.

Oct 19, 2015
Burgess Hill, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 580
Exp
Since 2016
Looking at some of the promises of Boris recently I'm not so sure. It was the Dementia tax proposal that killed Theresa May stone dead, now we have something that is just as unpalatable for the masses in dismantling the Old age Pension. Sajid Javid will have his hands tied, borrowing will become a big temptation for him to balance the books.

That report was not from Boris or the Govt.

Oct 19, 2015
Burgess Hill, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 580
Exp
Since 2016
Since the Tories came to power the national debt has grown from £1 trillion to £1.8 trillion and all this preparation for B will according to the OBR increase the deficit to new highs. This myth that the Tories are the party of fiscal responsibility is just that - a myth perpetuated by the media all owned by offshore billionaires who know where their interests are best served.

A myth? You havent read any of Labours spending plans then?

May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Party of fiscal responsibility :D2

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
That report was not from Boris or the Govt.
Off with the blinkers sussexlad ;) The Centre for Social Justice who came up with this killer blow was of course chaired by the former Secretary of State for Work and Pensions Iain Duncan Smith. Representative of the Tory Party or not???.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back