Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
You get out of life, what you put into it

I agree and I’ve worked bloody hard to have a wife able to stay home and raise three kids.

I’ve double shifted on many occasions, worked weekends and gone without holidays.

No need for you to tell me about grafting.

I’ll go back to my original point, not everyone can go from a manual job into an office job.
In fact I’d guess very few would transfer over from the building trade.

I’ll be honest by the time you’ve done your bit and hit 60 in the building trade your pretty much f****d

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Become an MP if you want their perks
There should not be any perks.same as union officials should never be allowed to earn more than the highest paid member.
You pay for the queen's perks. Are we gonna start moaning about her next?
She's the leader.MPs are just scum who should be working for the benefit of the country,nothing else.
Thankfully. No. Only folk in UK moan about it. Never hear the word here. We don't care.
Obviously you don't talk to Spaniards then as it is the second topic of conversation with any Spaniards where I live. After the weather.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
I am staying in France at present retirement age 63 and considering rise to 64 ....
Don't think that they will accept it like we wimps have ... time we stood up for ourselves,! By the way my wife was a nurse and has had 6 years added on her retirement date.Why are we not inline with the EU rules ? I couldn't manage my old job ..
building.work at 70 !!!!

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Screenshot_20190901-042258.png

:unsure:

Rhodeska

Free Member
Nov 26, 2018
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On my third van
I saw this article in the paper and it made me ponder - if we are automatically fit enough to work till 75 - how come we aren't automatically fit enough to drive a large vehicle?

Well I took the money & ran from working at 55. Didn’t want to keep the elite going with anymore of my hard earned money. Not got a lot, but have a van, a wife, a dog & happiness.
Best of all,,,,,,,,,, I’m not subsidising the elite & more so A DICKtator now!!!!!

Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
Whilst I agree with the injustice, mine went from 65 to 66 and my wife's from 60 to 66, I find it hard to see them (us) winning, too much money involved now. Obviously I would be delighted to be proved wrong, although I am not sure who would suffer further down the line to pay for it.
We are the same position...my argument is that it was done too quickly... should have been spread over 20/30 years for the women.

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
How about a commercial / HGV driver, who loses his / her > 3.5t entitlement, therefore can't work due to medical condition at 70? Do you want a 74yr old driving HGVs?
Still think it is a good idea

Feb 15, 2016
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer T class
Exp
Women have been an easy target. Women of the 1950’s - 1960’s stayed at home to look after young families - elderly relatives - unable to work full time and pursue careers. Private Pensions were unheard of for these women only able to work part time / unsociable hours - if at all. Couples based their retirement on husbands and wives retiring at 65 and 60 years - paying contributions for 40+ years - their lives have been turned upside down for lack of receiving their pensions when they thought.

'the Government have stated they had to accelerate this process slightly in the Pensions Act 2011 to secure the sustainability of the system.’ Notice was poorly phased in for women close to retirement unable to plan for the future - in thousands of cases, little or no official notice. Women of a certain age have been failed by this Government and the Coalition ministers of 2011
Such a huge hike in the age band with very little consultation / notification.

How do they expect men / women who do manual work to continue into their 70's ... what they do expect is that hard working people to step out of their work place straight into their coffins

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Women have been an easy target. Women of the 1950’s - 1960’s stayed at home to look after young families - elderly relatives - unable to work full time and pursue careers. Private Pensions were unheard of for these women only able to work part time / unsociable hours - if at all. Couples based their retirement on husbands and wives retiring at 65 and 60 years - paying contributions for 40+ years - their lives have been turned upside down for lack of receiving their pensions when they thought.

'the Government have stated they had to accelerate this process slightly in the Pensions Act 2011 to secure the sustainability of the system.’ Notice was poorly phased in for women close to retirement unable to plan for the future - in thousands of cases, little or no official notice. Women of a certain age have been failed by this Government and the Coalition ministers of 2011

How do they expect men / women who do manual work to continue into their 70's ... what they do expect is that hard working people to step out of their work place straight into their coffins
Had the government raised the male age at the same rate as for females they knew there would be trouble. All they had to do was increase contributions and let people retire.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I knew this was coming in the 1980`s. My Son who is a Chartered accountant and (now) a Trustee of his companies pension fund was Instrumental in taking apart the numbers as part of his Graduate thesis. Having looked closely at the "Sums" he said that this was inevitable IF the Government did not get a grip on the funding by roughly 1990 (or earlier). As we know they did not, they did the "usual" and sat on their hands. Then handed it to Labour (B`Liar), who handed it back via Gordon (Moron) Brown, who also cynically "raided" Final salary pensions. What you have now is the direct result of this procrastination. 30 years ago it was do`able. Now it is virtually impossible. without raising Basic tax to rates not seen since the 1960`s, when I remember paying 34%!.

The "Flaw" in the UK state pension, is the fact that the working generation pays tax, (NI) which funds the pensions of their parents generation. However as we now have fewer Kids working as a ratio, the funding gap has widened exponentially. Had the Government of the 80`s taken a grip on that, and not been obsessed with a "low tax" economy. It might have been possible, without the correct taxation regime, it Failed.

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
I agree and I’ve worked bloody hard to have a wife able to stay home and raise three kids.

I’ve double shifted on many occasions, worked weekends and gone without holidays.

No need for you to tell me about grafting.

I’ll go back to my original point, not everyone can go from a manual job into an office job.
In fact I’d guess very few would transfer over from the building trade.

I’ll be honest by the time you’ve done your bit and hit 60 in the building trade your pretty much f****d
My son is a roofer and at 44 says he is already slower than the young lads... he does not want to be dashing up onto a roof at 74 ...
friend is a prison officer... she doesn’t want to be working there at 74!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The CSJ said the plans are required in order to “reduce involuntary worklessness” and would help the older generation “access the benefits of work”
In English that means the bean counters are fu ked and don't have enough beans to go round.
Why can't the liars just be honest and say there isn't enough in the government's pension pot instead of pretending everyone wants to work til they drop.
That should be an option, not a given.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Tell son to out
My son is a roofer and at 44 says he is already slower than the young lads... he does not want to be dashing up onto a roof at 74 ...
friend is a prison officer... she doesn’t want to be working there at 74!
Tell son to put money into a private pension. And prison pensions are not affected by the state pension age rise.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp

The maximum rise in pension age resulting from the 2011 Pension Act was 18 months.
Pension equalisation should have been addressed in 1970 when the Equal Pay Act was introduced.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back