Retired, single lady ready to buy a motorhome - help appreciated. (1 Viewer)

Jan 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
Ready to buy one
Exp
12 years with ex partner. Now single
Hi, I've just joined hoping to find friendly, helpful motorhomers, and join in your rallies. I am a retired single lady, with 12 years motorhome holidays with my ex. After 3 years alone I am yearning to buy a 4 berth motorhome and go travelling, both UK and Europe.
I have decided on a bed above the cab and a U shaped rear lounge which can become a double bed, with a kitchen and shower room in the centre. Ideally 5,9m or thereabouts. Or a fixed rear bed and front lounge which converts,
Does anyone have advice on which second hand one would be the most reliable and less likely to be problematic please, My budget is around 20k which I know is low.
Look forward to receiving your replies please
Thanks Margaret

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Can't advise you Margaret but
animated welcome group purple.gif

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hi Margaret, Lots of solo female motorhomers on here so you aren't alone. Make sure you check any van for damp. If you see one post the info and we can all advise. You never know your luck there might be someone more experienced that could go with you to view. Take your time and happy hunting.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
I have decided on a bed above the cab and a U shaped rear lounge which can become a double bed, with a kitchen and shower room in the centre. Ideally 5,9m or thereabouts. Or a fixed rear bed and front lounge which converts,

Not quite the layout your looking for but, an example of what sort of stuff is out there within your budget.

Robert.

Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Since 2016 and caravanning before that
We have an autoquest 400. Overcab bed, used for storage and u shape rear lounge. We have seen a few of these recently around 2004 to 2006 and coming in at around 20k. We love ours and the layout is perfect for us.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Welcome, Margaret!
I've an overcab (non drop-down type) bed which I thought would save making up a bed every night but I don't like it at all as there's not enough headroom to sit up with my morning brew and watch the world waking up and it also only has a very small window. The area is now used for storing bedding, chairs, awning table etc. only.
I wouldn't say that your 20k budget is particularly low for a good pre-loved ;) m/h.
It's very difficult to suggest a model; you'll really have to do your own research and viewings on 't web and by visiting shows and dealers.
Good luck.

OP
OP
W
Jan 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
Ready to buy one
Exp
Thanks Spriddler, I agree sitting up can be difficult, happy to do my research and see what suits. Guess I've been somewhat spoilt with the last 2 my ex and I had, especially the German Biesnoff, Margaret

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Margaret .. please join before your free five posts run out.

There are numerous retured single females on here. If you are close to any of the rallies or meets you vould pop along and we could give you ENDLESS advice.

OP
OP
W
Jan 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
Ready to buy one
Exp
Thank you for the lovely welcome messages - especially that there are lots of lady motorhomers out there, this is very reassuring, thank you, Margaret

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Welcome Margret. We are sure you will get what you need off here for advice regardless of some of it....:ROFLMAO:
Take it all with a pinch of salt as they say...Enjoy the journey and look forward to a great time.

Kev and Carolyn :hi2::hiya:

OP
OP
W
Jan 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
Ready to buy one
Exp
Sorry bad typing! "I meant retired!"

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Phonetically Wretched ?;)

Welcome to the sarcasm forum
Welcome Margret. We are sure you will get what you need off here for advice regardless of some of it....:ROFLMAO:
Take it all with a pinch of salt as they say...Enjoy the journey and look forward to a great time.

Kev and Carolyn :hi2::hiya:

:D
or 'returned' maybe.

Single ladies (of the coven?). Doncha juss luv 'em!
Err, there aren't really. It just seems like it :rolleyes:
Did you mean to write 'retread' or perhaps 'matured'?'
:whistle:

Oh dear I can't do this multiquote ... as you can see .. you will get lots of cheeky banter from some of the members .. I may have missed one quote off as I cannot do technology.... welcome :)

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Hi Margaret,, I have an older hymer S650
Drop down bed,double, not a rear lounge, but a good size sofa that slides out to a large bed,, perfect for me , and a guest,,

Good luck with your search,, I’m sure you will find what your looking for, in a motorhome,,,

As for friends,,,, you got no chance on here,, there all bloody mad!!! Xxxx

OP
OP
W
Jan 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
Ready to buy one
Exp
Thanks Ian, look forward to meeting mad mad fun loving people! You sound like a fun guy, thanks for making me smile Margaret

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
:hi2: & :welcomesign: to thecoven fun

Hymer B574
Fixed rear double
Swing down f.double
Seating for 4 /both front seats swivel
6mt.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Oh dear I can't do this multiquote ... as you can see .. you will get lots of cheeky banter from some of the members .. I may have missed one quote off as I cannot do technology.... welcome :)
You have done this before have n't you bless....
upload_2019-1-17_17-13-19.jpeg

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Sonething like this?

Last edited:

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
But just to rub the salt in i got 3 mentions !

OP
OP
W
Jan 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
Ready to buy one
Exp
Hi The Only Sue, thanks for the link but I want 2 separate sleeping areas, so one person doesn't have to climb over whoever is sleeping in the centre. Having a kitchen/shower room somewhere in the centre will be easier. Thanks for your help Margaret

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
....I want 2 separate sleeping areas, so one person doesn't have to climb over whoever is sleeping in the centre.
Tip:
I have a layout with single settee berths either side of the main saloon and I've put a rug between them to save wearing out the carpet.
:oops:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back