LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
probibly a long shot, any reptile keepers here, I keep a small collony of leapard geckos (12) anybody else?

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
I used to have 2 female leopard geckos, one died a few years ago, but the second lived for approx 10 years. That one died earlier this year, have not replaced yet, don't know if I will now.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
I used to have 2 female leopard geckos, one died a few years ago, but the second lived for approx 10 years. That one died earlier this year, have not replaced yet, don't know if I will now.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

I had 15 untill recently, I sold my big male hybino as I wont be breeding much anymore, the market for moving them on is much reduced now, and of course its a big time thing, allthough I'm lucky to a have a releaf feeder/carer to mind them while I'm out with the m/h.

I had two wild type females which I have put into a breeding program (proper wild type loes are quite rare now due to too much mortph inter breeding)

The rest are happy hidding away from the winter chills, heres my weby
Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
for many years I kept and bred all sorts of reptiles, nearly all were rescues. I have bred Snakes, Day gechos, iguanas, Water dragons, crickets, locusts, mice, rats, hamsters. Currently only have one Leopard gekco left she is around 14 years old, any idea of normal lifespan?
When the Reptilian magazine first came out I used to write for it. But got snowed under with rescue work and had to give it up. Spending my life rescuing animals rather than earning a decent crust is something I don't regret but am paying for now.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
The 2 I had were the wild type, never liked the others much, can get all sorts from a local pet shop.

That is the problem MH has taken over, I have 2 dogs that come with us no problems.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
for many years I kept and bred all sorts of reptiles, nearly all were rescues. I have bred Snakes, Day gechos, iguanas, Water dragons, crickets, locusts, mice, rats, hamsters. Currently only have one Leopard gekco left she is around 14 years old, any idea of normal lifespan?
When the Reptilian magazine first came out I used to write for it. But got snowed under with rescue work and had to give it up. Spending my life rescuing animals rather than earning a decent crust is something I don't regret but am paying for now.

in captivity they "can" live into thier 20's, at 14 yours is a good age she must be one of the proper wild type ones, before people started messing with thier genes.

Was she cative brede or wild caught?

May 22, 2008
Funster No
My Grandson has a horned Dragon and a Ball Python, [ Royal Python ] I see them regularly but don't much like either.The Reptiles that is.:Blush::Blush::Blush:

May 22, 2008
Funster No
By all accounts the Python can get this BIG !!! :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Attachments

• 416_nidokidosorg_1_225.jpg
    416_nidokidosorg_1_225.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 12
  • 416_nidokidosorg_2_221.jpg
    416_nidokidosorg_2_221.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
I've never been a snake person, but I did buy some equiptment off of python breeder last year, he had some amasing albino snakes, sort of pale yellowy markings, they were really stunning....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back