Result !! - C1 (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Back in March my husband had to have a medical with our doctor as he was going to be 70 in April.
The doc heard a sound in his chest which he said was something to do with his heart so he had an ECG and blood tests etc at the surgery.
The result came back as a heart problem which needed a hospital appointment. Due to the pandemic the hospital decided as he hadn’t got any ongoing symptoms that he could wait for an appointment.
Very long story short - beginning of October he had a hospital appointment, lots of tests - a letter arrived yesterday to say there is no problem at all!!!!!😀😀👍 Everything normal.
We are both extremely relieved - mostly health wise but also he is able to drive our beloved Kon-Tiki.
What a worrying and stressful seven months that was but it turned out very well in the end. Perhaps the surgery need to sort themselves out.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
7 years ago I was visiting in hospital when I suffered a sharp pain in my stomach. I was wheeled down to A&E. As I lay on a bed waiting a passing doctor wandered over and asked me if I suffered from shortness of breath and told me I had symptoms of heart failure - nothing to do with the stomach pain which by then had gone. He told me to see my GP. Had an ECG at the surgery - came back normal - no treatment needed. 2 months later I had a heart attack, was treated in the ambulance, heart rythm went back to normal but they would take me to hospital anyway. No blues and twos, arrived at hospital feeling 'normal' and ready to go home. Surgeon came in - immediately in to have a stent fitted - blocked blood vessel in heart.
One doctor a hero for first diagnosis - GP not !

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
That's really good news to hear,the 7 month wait must have been very stressful .what's happened re the C1 driving licence.has that been cleared now.?

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Back in March my husband had to have a medical with our doctor as he was going to be 70 in April.
The doc heard a sound in his chest which he said was something to do with his heart so he had an ECG and blood tests etc at the surgery.
The result came back as a heart problem which needed a hospital appointment. Due to the pandemic the hospital decided as he hadn’t got any ongoing symptoms that he could wait for an appointment.
Very long story short - beginning of October he had a hospital appointment, lots of tests - a letter arrived yesterday to say there is no problem at all!!!!!😀😀👍 Everything normal.
We are both extremely relieved - mostly health wise but also he is able to drive our beloved Kon-Tiki.
What a worrying and stressful seven months that was but it turned out very well in the end. Perhaps the surgery need to sort themselves out.
So if the tests showed something that suggested further investigation was required the GP didn't bother to refer as they thought it would probably be ok and he dropped dead would you be happy!!!!. Just because someone is referred doesn't mean there's a problem the GP is a general practitioner who will refer for an expert opinion (and remember an opinion is only an opinion) when things aren't clear. I think people have a funny idea that health is black and white as if in the world there are only tall people and short people and nothing in-between. Glad it was ok in the end but I would be thanking your GP for being careful the hospital would have rejected the referral if it was clearly not needed especially at the moment.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
The Cruisers
If 'Hubby' was 70 in April, and having read story after story re the problems of peeps on here who are in limboland waiting to hear from DVLA, what is your husband's position now?

Has he submitted all the paperwork to DVLA and, more importantly, have they returned his licence with a shiny C1 entitlement on it.?

Or is he relying on the DVLA putting a moratorium on the issuing of 'Post 70' C1 Licences to drive your 'van.?

OP
OP
The Cruisers
Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Today he had a letter from DVLA saying they will be contacting the consultant for the results which will be a good result. No mention of anything else as they don’t know what the result is yet.
We are assuming as before, that he can drive the MH until he hears back

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Went to see GP with mild chest pain.
He sent me to the basement testing room for an ECG.
He told me no matter what their ECG said he was sending me to hospital. Their result was inconclusive.
Failed treadmill stress test miserably so straight onto a ward for an angiogram next morning.
End result... Triple bypass.
That GP probably saved my life but he's no longer with us.... An early fatal victim of Covid 19.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
That GP probably saved my life but he's no longer with us.... An early fatal victim of Covid 19.
Hi.
There is no Sign for " Glad and Sad ",But consider it sent. Lucky you and.. Me to Jennifer... " I DON'T WANT A BLEEP AMBULANCE" It came anyway and thank God-Goodness ? ( Whatever blows your hair back ) .We have BOTH been spared...Result or what. (y)
Tea Bag

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back