sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
My life seems one task after another, now a window blind string has broken!!!
I am sure I read a thread on restringing these but cannot find it. Can anyone point me?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Try not to get stressed about it Michael

Just relax

Breath deeply and slowly

How about a nice warm beer from the fridge?

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Try not to get stressed about it Michael

Just relax

Breath deeply and slowly

How about a nice warm beer from the fridge?
Be careful in your glass house there!
Good thing is that Dometic have just confirmed its warranty on the fridge! So when I get home on Wednesday, I have the new insect door in the barn ready to fit. Get the Dometic engineer over to start on the fridge, get the grandson to make a step to support the fridge as its dragged sorry slid out, now bone up on the remis blind and fix that! And I bought a new van to avoid too much hassle!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Wouldn't it be good though if we could find a decent alternative to a Dometic fridge?

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I had a great 230vac/12volt on the boat lasted the time I had her, 12 years, did not even think about fans, level or no, temperature in or out etc!! So yes!
Now back to my bloody Remis blind please, where can I find restringing instructions?

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Thanks Robert, this is my window blind that has broken, do you think the assembly will be the same as Hymer? Remis Window Blind.jpg

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Thats OK, in principle it seems about right but I have yet to find how the corner caps clip off. Unless you know where to apply the force you fear breaking it rather than un-clipping it!

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
What do you expect buying a cheap van?

You should have spent that little bit more.

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
OK Update. After @Robert Clark suggested the read only funster @Hymer564 post I printed it out and went to work. The assembly on mine is slightly different to the Hymer but the process holds up. I just completely removed the assembly, only 4 screws and the tip suggested worked as I had enough string on the back end so no new cord needed, and 20 minutes later all fixed. I also played with the tensioning and improved the smoothness of slide, which I also did on 2 others so all fixed! Even if I needed a new cord it would be relatively simple.

Hania

Free Member
Jul 31, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2010
HI.I have a similar problem - but it's the fly screen part that has lost all it's tension.I have taken the assembly down but can see no way to access the ends of the blinds - both ends of the blind go into small 'blocks' that then clip into the main frame - and the cover to this seems impossible le to remove. It's a Remis blind - or will I have to replace the whole window?

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
You don't Have to replace the window, you can just replace the complete remis unit. The flyscreen strings (black) are more difficult to access. On my units I have to unscrew the corner frame, and jiggle around. I have not had one of those strings fail as the springs are at the top. However as I had a new replacement from N+B for the kitchen I used the busted one as a guinea pig to see what was what. I am sorry that I cannot be of more help.

Hania

Free Member
Jul 31, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2010
Unfortunately I can't get a replacement Remis unit same as the one I have. I managed to glue the part that came out back in (showed evidence of being glued before!). Now I have to re-tension the fly screen - there is a slot in one of the roller ends, but not accessible easily as an internal frame is glued on. Will keep on trying ..managed it somehow....retensioned.

Last edited:

Revjay

Free Member
Jul 14, 2021
Funster No
MH
Caravan at the momen
Wouldn't it be good though if we could find a decent alternative to a Dometic fridge?
I have ! A Waeco 12v compressor fridge. About same price as a original Dometic but far far superior quality. Mine runs off a 120w solar panel into the battery working great. Easy to fit. So far no problems. Unfortunate thing is - Dometic have just bought them out ! Get one now !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back