restrictions on routes with european emissions when touring europe in an old camper, (1 Viewer)

zoomer46

Free Member
Apr 17, 2020
Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
planning on taking a trip in the van to italy in the next year or so to the vans motherland
and the fact italy is so amazing, but the thing that bothers me the most even more than breaking down
is the that i don't know if i can take it most places in europe or not ,

i'm guessing switzerland will say no but not a bucket list destination# anyway, i have seen countless aircooled vw campers all over europe so maybe there is no problem but i would love to know if its possible that i may have to make some expensive u turns when touring !

, your personal experience and knowledge / ideas or information will be most appreciated !??? ??

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
I had the same concerns a year ago before trekking across Germany.
I had trouble accessing relevant info but was pointed in the right directions on here for which I was grateful
The green zones app is full of information and as has been said stay out of cities!!

OP
OP
zoomer46

zoomer46

Free Member
Apr 17, 2020
Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
thankyou for the replies !

exactly the information i was looking for with some personal experiences and some superb links to absorb.

i have a feeling any question i have regards campers can be answered here.

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
thankyou for the replies !

exactly the information i was looking for with some personal experiences and some superb links to absorb.

i have a feeling any question i have regards campers can be answered here.

just check any-ring roads you may use.

the one going north of Brussels enters the restriction zone for a few miles.
i know going to italy should avoid brussells but it’s just an example of the detail you need to look at when planning the route.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back