Reset instructions for Oyster satellite - Astra change (1 Viewer)

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Morning PDA,

Sorry for the late reply but we have been exhibiting at the NEC all last week so only just back today.
The system, as some very helpful posters have already confirmed, is suffering due to frequency changes although the latest changes have affected our older Vision II units that have not had updates since 2008 so there is a chance that we will need the brain unit of the system sending or bringing to us in order to update it.
My advice for now is to turn the system on and as it raises press the tick. If the unit stops and displays "Main menu" on the screen then give me a call on 01858575928 and I can talk you through the update procedure. If it doesn't display main menu then I'm afraid the larger hideaway box will need to come to us for an update this time but will then have the hidden menu if future updates are required.

Anthony OysterTech

Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
For all that are having a transponder issue there was a change in November 2018 that affects older software versions on Oyster Vision II systems.
10729 Vertical was switched off on or around the 24th of November 2018. We haven't used that frequency on our systems for a long time however if you have an older Vision II system that has not been updated since new then it is highly possible that you have been using that frequency to lock on to Astra 2. The other three frequencies stored in this old software are inoperable also so the unit will need a transponder update in order to function automatically again.
The Service menu required to make adjustments to the frequency set was added in late 2008 on software version 1.01/1.02 (actually 2.01/2.02 but the Germans forgot to change the 1 to a 2)
To check your software version turn the system on and press the tick or the on/off button to stop it depending on software version. If you see main menu on the screen then you have the adjustment menu and simply need to call us on 018585750928 and we will talk you through the update.
If you don't see main menu at all then I'm afraid that the larger brain unit for the system will need to be removed and either brought or sent to us for the update to be carried out. The update is £60 including VAT however if you send it then there will also be a carriage cost.

I hope this helps.

PDA

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2008
Anthony, thanks you for detailed reply. We are enroute now but once static tomorrow I will try all you suggest. Then as you say it’s either give you a call and sort or get posting!
Many thanks and I will be intouch. Regards Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ukracer

Free Member
Mar 2, 2019
Kidderminster
Funster No
MH
Celtic Rambler
Exp
20 years
Hi peeps. First off i am new here as all of google ends up here for caro vision 11.

I am a little confused as the software referebces i can see are 1.19 and 1.07 which are both higher than 1.01/2

I tried the trick of pressing the tick on raising but there is no main menu.

That said this rig is older than 2008 so its confusing.
Tried ring the number but it goes to answer machine and mentions bradley family. So not sure if its current.

Anyway is there a way to set it up manually for the weekend. Any advice appreciated.

Anthony OysterTech

Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Hi peeps. First off i am new here as all of google ends up here for caro vision 11.

I am a little confused as the software referebces i can see are 1.19 and 1.07 which are both higher than 1.01/2

I tried the trick of pressing the tick on raising but there is no main menu.

That said this rig is older than 2008 so its confusing.
Tried ring the number but it goes to answer machine and mentions bradley family. So not sure if its current.

Anyway is there a way to set it up manually for the weekend. Any advice appreciated.

Good morning,

If the system will not stop and display Main menu when you press the tick then the software is to old to have the hidden service menu that we need to update the system.
Instead the brain unit (larger grey box with multiple cables attached) will need to be removed and sent in to us for a full update. Once this is done the system will function as normal once more.
I have PM'd you cost along with our address and contact details.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back