Rerplacing a Truma Monocontrol CS (1 Viewer)

Nov 13, 2019
Husbands Bosworth
Funster No
MH
Laika A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi,

Our Truma gas reg failed while on holiday, the van is only two years old, I rigged up an old standard propane regulator to keep us going while we were away. I've bought a new reg and it's not quite the same ... the old one was fixed to the roof of the gas cabinet, the new one looks as though it needs to fix to the vertical wall of the gas cabinet due to the pressure reducing portion being 90 degrees out from the old one.

It has the crash sensor which needs to be vertical hence I think the different mounting necessary. And the rupture proof hose I have doesn't fit the new reg as the fitting is different. Photos of all parts below. All part numbers agree so I've got the correct bits (?)

So, is there any way to turn the reg body on the new reg to 90 degrees in order I can roof mount it, or is it all too much trouble and I should stick with my propane reg on the bottle. I don't use gas on the move so I don't need all of the Truma features

Thanks

Attachments

• old.jpg
    old.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 44
  • new.jpg
    new.jpg
    652.5 KB · Views: 43
  • hose.jpg
    hose.jpg
    668.8 KB · Views: 40
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
This thread has a number of installations including mine which has a different orientation.
Before you screw up another regulator it may be prudent to add a filtration system. That thread has lots of good info.
I have just added the newer truma filter. It is a cs sstem but a different orientation to others.
20200926_122230.jpg

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
Hi
You have actually bought a direct to tank regulator !
The new one you have is really for mounting directly onto an underslung tank.
You may well struggle to find a direct replacement for your Truma regulator as they are no longer supplied to Truma from GOK .
The new Truma regulator is apparently not particularly good !
In short yes your 37mbar regulator will work but it’s not manufactured to the requirements for leisure vehicles as it’s probably over 1.5kg per hour also single stage and won’t incorporate any over pressure shut off device ⚠️
Most likely man to have a replacement regulator in stock is Chris Wise @ Autogas 2000.
I would personally probably fit a Cavagna 424 30 mbar regulator as they are actually pretty simple (not travel safe ) and therefore bulletproof 👍
Message me if you would like any more information.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back