Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
@Jim

Can we have a couple of photo`s on Jazz`s progress of growing old -- er...

I am sure like me some are genuinely interested.. :nod: :nod: :nod: (y)

Please... :lips:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
No, I'm not letting her grow up :).

But if you insist....Me and her are off to Lincoln this morning to put up the Funster tea and biccy tent. I'll take a photo then (y)

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
How does she travel Jim..?

Our black bitch is still not a good traveller... :frowny:

(Bitch as in dog "Daisy"... not Judy.. :giggler:)..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
This can be a problem and knowing how much we travel we needed her to be good. So I took her in the car every day from day 1, every time I went to the shops or post office I took her with us. Last week we drove home from Shepton and the trip with traffic jams was nearly 10 hours. She slept most of that.

Just do lots of short journeys with Daisy. She'll relax and tolerate it and might even get to enjoy it. Jaz now enjoys it and will jump into strangers motorhomes!

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Our JRT is a rescue & she was a stray with no background, luckily she travelled well from the start & loves the car so much that if you leave the doors open she'll be in there asleep!

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
How does she travel Jim..?

Our black bitch is still not a good traveller... :frowny:

(Bitch as in dog "Daisy"... not Judy.. :giggler:)..
We lost Sabre a few weeks ago (We still have Shadow) Sabre from a pup would be restless and throw up several times on a journey, even on a short journey. We were out of the office taking Sabre to the vet some two miles away to discuss why he threw up every time. The advice was fairly crap "Some dogs do and grow out of it, some don't"

While we were out an old (existing) customer asked in the office where we were. The couple were breeders and left us a bottle of Rescue Remedy, suggesting that it may really help.

I Poo Poo'd this as homeopathic medicine is fairy dust, wishes and pipe dreams, all psychosomatic clap trap! You may as well hug a tree as take a mixture of Lichen and bottom wort!

So Lyn who is far more open minded than me gave Sabre a couple of drops of Rescue Remedy about 30 minutes before our next trip a couple of days later, despite my ongoing negativity

Sabre of course didn't know that it was Fairy Dust, blessed by a Kittens smile (My definition ;)) So it was surprising that he didn't throw up, didn't even look like he wanted to throw up, and even more surprising didn't on the return leg! He was happy settled and relaxed

We gave him Rescue Remedy every journey for about Six months and then started weening him off short trips and eventually all trips, he lived till nearly 12 years old, not a bad age for a large German Shepherd, and travelling in small cars, big cars, motor homes, boats, RIB's small boats without any further travel incidents

It won't cost much to give it a go so worth a try

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back