Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Well I know we are having it very hot over here...just the other side of the English Channel in Pas de Calais region......but I think this is going tooooo far. our paper today.

Well they have caught the kangaroo running loose in our area......but I thought I had better send you this in case you go down to the beach at Boulogne sur mer...

(Or even Bexhill on sea, Eastbourne, Hastings,........as I think crocs can swim????:ROFLMAO: and I don't mean the ones on your feet :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:).

Crocodile alert closes beaches
August 20, 2010
BEACHES were closed after reports that a crocodile had been seen in the water at Boulogne-sur-Mer.

The warning, which came just days after a shark alert on beaches on the Riviera, came in a letter dropped in the mailbox of newspaper La Voix du Nord.

It said two men had seen the metre-long crocodile beside tourist boats at the port.

Although no reptiles were reported missing from the zoos in the Pas-de-Calais area the mairie decided to close the beaches and ban swimming just in case.

Pompiers and police searched the port area while lifeguards toured the beaches broadcasting messages in English and French warning people of the crocodile alert.

However, when no trace of a crocodile was found the red warning flag was pulled down and the beaches reopened around 14.00.

"Hello" if we do not see it in a couple of hours its not there

Mel

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
Are you sure this is not the French version of the Dartmoor black panther? :winky:

I will check it out when I am there next week and bring back photo evidence...

David

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Are you sure this is not the French version of the Dartmoor black panther? :winky:

I will check it out when I am there next week and bring back photo evidence...

David

David..... it could be a Hoax and yes it was in the paper....but you will never know unless you have arm or leg is bitten by the croc if he exists...let me know if the coast is clear (thats a pun... coast):ROFLMAO::helpsos::helptitanic: how fast can you swim.

Mel:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back