replacing/ repair laminate floor. (1 Viewer)

Oct 9, 2017
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
20 yrs on and off
The laminate surface on floor of our Bursner has developed a bulge in the kitchen area. its not a damp issue, seems as though the original bonding to the floor has failed, so when when stepping on it the bulge in the laminate flattens under the weight.
I wondered if anyone has suffered a similar problem and more importantly found a solution.
I feel at present the only way is to cut and remove the existing surface and replace but I'm sure I would not be able to match the adjoining remaining surface.
Any help would be appreciated.
Roy

SteveJ

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 30, 2018
March, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 620
Exp
Since 2013
I have just repaired the floor in my Lunar, same issue, started to delaminate, no damp. I used a delamination repair kit similar to this one..
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5338547443&icep_item=191802115408
Worked like a charm, you will need something fairly heavy to ensure the top board is held down whilst it all dries out and it does get a bit messy as the glue does expand a little as it sets and needs a good sanding down afterwards to smooth things out. Floor is totally solid now with no bounce.

OP
OP
Pontyboy
Oct 9, 2017
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
20 yrs on and off
Hi. Thanks Steve for your info, how did you know how far to drill down?
I am glad to see a solution to this, I was a little concerned where to start.
Regards
Roy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SteveJ

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 30, 2018
March, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 620
Exp
Since 2013
Pontyboy I drilled through the top ply and then stopped. Got a piece of stiff wire, wound a piece of tape around it at 40mm (length of the dowels I brought) and pushed that into the insulating foam below the board. As it didn't meet anything solid I was happy that the insulation was definitely thicker than 40mm (which I was fairly confident was the case) Then used one of these

s-l1600.jpg
to drill the rest of the holes.
All I would say is make sure you have a ready supply of kitchen roll to wipe up as much excess/overflow as you can and a few pairs of latex gloves as it can be a bit messy as it starts to expand. I kept going out every hour or so for about 6 hours to wipe a little bit up each time from around each hole. Be careful that the hole you drill is a tight fit for the dowel, otherwise the glue will simply push the dowel out as it sets and expands.
I also made the spaces between the dowels a bit smaller then they recommend, I drilled 3" apart not the recommended 4".
All in all it was very easy, pretty quick to do and appears to have done a pretty solid repair.

Aug 23, 2011
Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Lyseo 727g
Exp
since 2011
The laminate surface on floor of our Bursner has developed a bulge in the kitchen area. its not a damp issue, seems as though the original bonding to the floor has failed, so when when stepping on it the bulge in the laminate flattens under the weight.
I wondered if anyone has suffered a similar problem and more importantly found a solution.
I feel at present the only way is to cut and remove the existing surface and replace but I'm sure I would not be able to match the adjoining remaining surface.
Any help would be appreciated.
Roy
I don't know how old your van is, but there is a known problem with floor delamination on Burstners of a certain age ( prob 2015 -2018). Camper UK have been managing most of the warranty claims but have a huge backlog due to Covid.

May 12, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2017
We have a 2015/16 Nexxo t665 same problem. Still trying to get it sorted.

Robert

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I don't know how old your van is, but there is a known problem with floor delamination on Burstners of a certain age ( prob 2015 -2018). Camper UK have been managing most of the warranty claims but have a huge backlog due to Covid.

It become a huge problem for Burstner. They tried a different less toxic glue thats failed.
Contact Camper UK and book it in. Hopefully they will fit in for an FOC repair before xmas 2021:Eeek::Eeek:

OP
OP
Pontyboy
Oct 9, 2017
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
20 yrs on and off
Thank you all for your info, I feel a little better that I am not on my own with this problem.
our Bursner nexo was registered 18/12/2015 so not sure if I would still be able to use a warrantee claim!
I will follow up with Camper UK and see what happens.
regards to all

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back