Replacing pads and discs Ducato 2011 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
D

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
@Techno I've read your guide again, and yours and mine are kind of complementary, perhaps the boss @Jim could combine them somehow?

[edit to add]
It was a bit weird, I put in a google search on x250 disc replacement, a post on here came back, but it was an unanswered thread, that really gave little info. As I say, weird!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Should I put in a section on the health and safety concerning brake fluid also? I mentioned the brake dust because I have seen "professional" garages reassemble a brake assembly without removing brake dust.

I do apologise for not getting every single point of the process in the guide. You haven't picked up on the fact that I didn't mention environmental issues regarding the disposal of the pads, a glaring omission on your part?
I wasn't having a dig but was merely pointing out a very important safety issue.
You know the consequences of a novice not cleaning the discs of their protective film, a novice may not.

I apologise if you took my comments in the wrong vane.

Oh, all my metal scrap goes to the local travelling scrap man...what he does with it is out of my control.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tescoal

Free Member
Jan 4, 2014
Felixstowe
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Daniel
Last MOT needed a brake service found a guy in felixstowe complete service new pads on all 6 wheels took the guy about an hour £80 including the parts so at that price was not worth getting dirty, just make a couple cups of tea.
unfortunately i've lost his number from my phone.

fullfat

Free Member
Nov 27, 2017
The North
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Not being critical Andy, making a point.
Anyone who has worked on brakes knows how they work and how to dismantle rebuild without a writeup but a complete novice could attempt a simple job like this quite successfully but not know about cleaning the discs first as it wasn't in the writeup or pictures.
I usually clean my discs and pads with a liberal spray of wd 40 :imoutahere:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back