Replacing LCD screen on laptop (1 Viewer)

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Yesterday I tried this. My previous Toshy Satellite laptop's motherboard had failed in 2016, but I needed a similar one for work so bought a refurbed nearly identical one off Fleabay and swapped the HDDs. That solution lasted about 11 months before the LCD screen developed vertical stripes. Then a section of the screen went white. Fortunately I had kept the inop laptop for spares.

Anyway, one of those Youtube video guides suggested that LCD screen replacement should be fairly easy, a 10 minute job!:xrofl::xrofl::xrofl:

So, armed with the micro toolkit (my LIDL gadget and tool addiction is sometimes useful x:-)) I dismantled the refurb laptop (discovered hardly any screws holding that one together - that Fleabay bloke must have been a bit slapdash:xangry:) and did the same with my old one which had all the factory screws in place. Getting the bezels off without breaking them was the hardest bit. It was a bit of a gamble because in that model range there were similar size screens with 2 different resolutions so the swap might fail or need new device drivers.

So, 2 hours later, fingers crossed, fired up the refurb Toshy laptop ... success! Lovely screen again! Yay me! :xgrin:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back