Replacing Key Lock (1 Viewer)

Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
Hi all. From wandering round the NEC, I think that most motorhome builders fit a key lock system to a mid electric bed.

Problem is that the keys are standard flat and just break off inside the lock, requiring hours of fishing fun trying to tease out the broken key. I don't have the option of replacing it with a simple switch as two inquisitive boys go round pushing every button on the bus.

Anyway, I have decided to replace the key switch with one that uses the tubular keys, see pic. Cost less than a tenner for 90 deg 2 pole switch.

20200611_105227.jpg

The switch is the same dimensions as the flat key thing I am replacing with. Naturally the existing hole allows very little clearance! The nut is 22mm and the barrel is 19mm. Has anyone got an idea of the tool I need to tighten the nut, without widening the existing hole?

Many thanks,

Last edited:
OP
OP
DDJC
Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
Is a 22mm box spanner too big? Is the nut a hexagon, or one of those slotted round ones?
Ah, so its called a box spanner! Thanks. I've seen 'hollow nut wrench', 'overnut wrench', 'tube spanner', but t'internet had not really heard of them! Cheers autorouter, I'll get one. Its hex, by the way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back