replacing a wing mirror cover (1 Viewer)

chalky

Free Member
Dec 31, 2016
CHESTERFIELD
Funster No
MH
swift Escape
Exp
since 2010
Hello folks
I,m a newbie on here so don't know if this question has been asked before but , whilst out in M/H last week a bush jumped at my nearside mirror and put a hole in it , the swine . Anyway i have bought a new piece to fit but can't see how to take the broken part off , so my question is , has anyone had this problem and if so can you tell me how to go about it please.

Many thanks in advance

OP
OP
C

chalky

Free Member
Dec 31, 2016
CHESTERFIELD
Funster No
MH
swift Escape
Exp
since 2010
Ha HA quite correct , the M/H is 2016 SWIFT ESCAPE 664 on a Fiat Ducato

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You have to carefully pull off the actual mirrors first which will then let you access the 6 or 7 screws behind - be warned that the mirrors are only held on with a centre circular piece/clip so don't try to pull them off just at the edges, try to get behind the mirrors if you can to support them as you pull them off and not flex them too much - have a look at images of replacement mirrors so you can see how they attach.

Also be careful not to damage the electric wiring too and make a note of which wire goes where/put some tape on so you remember.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Don't use a screwdriver to prise the mirrors off use a wide flat scraper type blade about an inch wide otherwise you will crack the mirrors.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back