Replacement windscreen, easier than feared (1 Viewer)

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
Cannot remember exactly where on our hols we collected 3 stone chips. 2 were in the "swept" area and 1 in the top RH corner in front of Mme (LHD). Possibly because of the cold/wet followed by b hot Mme's chip began to spread both to right where it reached the rubber and left for about 50 mm beforeit began to head North.

Decided to wait until we arrived home. Took MH to local repair shop fearing the worst as regardsavailability as well as cost which hopefully ins co will pick up most if not all. Our MH is a 1999 Le Voyageur on a Fiat chassis etc and my experience so far is that most of the bits are LV rather than Fiat.

To my surprise I received a phone call within 24 hours, M had found one available ex stock. All in price inc the dreaded TVA a smidginunder €900. Nowto contact ins co.

BTW repair shop is very very busy but we stay at home in July and August so no real hurry.

Motorhome-dude

Free Member
Jun 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
A class since 2011
I've started carrying a windscreen repair kit just in case it happens while we're away. Pretty easy to use and only costs a tenner.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back