Replacement water pump (1 Viewer)

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I need to replace my water pump, a Shurflow 20 psi , it seems it is directly attached to the water tank with the mounting screws going through the tank. This seems crazy to me, I am concerned I that if I remove the screws a nut or something inside the tank will drop off never to be seen again and there is little access to the inside of the tank without removal which obviously would b a big job, perhaps Ian missing something I wonder if there may be reinforcement inside the tank to take the screws. Has anyone had to do similar, Its on a Rapido?

Attachments

• IMG_6410.JPG
    IMG_6410.JPG
    194.8 KB · Views: 59
OP
OP
iandsm
Jan 3, 2008
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I need to replace my water pump, a Shurflow 20 psi , it seems it is directly attached to the water tank with the mounting screws going through the tank. This seems crazy to me, I am concerned I that if I remove the screws a nut or something inside the tank will drop off never to be seen again and there is little access to the inside of the tank without removal which obviously would b a big job, perhaps Ian missing something I wonder if there may be reinforcement inside the tank to take the screws. Has anyone had to do similar, Its on a Rapido?

I take it that's a no then

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I very much doubt the holes go all the way through. There's no gasket visible.
Besides it's a motorhome, they will have done what is cheapest and requires least skill to assemble- four self tapping screws!

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Just mounting bolts, they'll remove no problem and no internal components will move either.

Jun 23, 2011
Pedreguer, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2011
I´ve got the same arrangement on our Rapido, the bolts don´t go all the way through, there are captive nuts embedded in the plastic of the tank. As you say, it is an easy fix.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
iandsm
Jan 3, 2008
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Thanks all. Just an update, it was a simple job tool all of 25 mins including draining down. As advised the pump is held by captive nuts in the tank, my fears were groundless. The old pump had obviously been leaking for some time as there were rust screws and the spade connectors on the pump fell off with little encouragement so it was certainly time for a change

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
& thank you for updating. Always good to know for people on the future.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back