Replacement turn wheel for grey water valve. (1 Viewer)

Bushtrekker

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
The MOT was done this morning and apart from some welding it was fine. The small wheel controlling the valve for the grey water tank has disintegrated and I haven't got a clue where to start looking for a replacement. Does anyone know if caravan shops might stock these, as although I can't see it being a regular occurrence they must go occasionally?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
The MOT was done this morning and apart from some welding it was fine. The small wheel controlling the valve for the grey water tank has disintegrated and I haven't got a clue where to start looking for a replacement. Does anyone know if caravan shops might stock these, as although I can't see it being a regular occurrence they must go occasionally?

Yes they should sell them but if not take it to your local plumbing suppliers,they will soon sort you out :thumb:--Plumbing S may well be the cheaper option :winky:
terry

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i havent got round to it yet, but will be replacing the ones on my van for lever valves. much better than the cheapies fitted by the original converters

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
You can't beat a good gate valve!:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
this is what im fitting..... an easy to use lever on a ball valve to prevent restriction

Link Removed

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
this is what im fitting..... an easy to use lever on a ball valve to prevent restriction

Link Removed

Same as I fitted almost 6 yrs ago :thumb:Simple to fit and never a problem-I also carry a 3 mtr length of 22mm hose that simply screws on in case I do not get close enough to empty point :thumb:
terry

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
A ball valve is better :winky:::bigsmile:
Bushtrekker try a search for ball valve and bore size :thumb:
terry

Ahh but it depends how much of your holiday you want to spend watching your grey water drain!

Our waste tank has a 105 litre capacity and empties in seconds through a 2 1/2" gate valve. The rapid drain down and the fact the valve is on the bottom of the tank ensures most of the residual crud is emptied too!:thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Ahh but it depends how much of your holiday you want to spend watching your grey water drain!

Our waste tank has a 105 litre capacity and empties in seconds through a 2 1/2" gate valve. The rapid drain down and the fact the valve is on the bottom of the tank ensures most of the residual crud is emptied too!:thumb:

Only had 22mm laying around when I did the build ::bigsmile: Usually fill clean tank while emptying the other :winky:
terry

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Terry

We used a 22mm ball valve on our old Elddis as a cheap upgrade to the woefully inadequate beer-barrel tap previously fiited by the manufacturer.:thumb:

The performance of the old one was laughable! It was another example of how some manufacturers don't seem to have a clue as to the use their products will be put to!:Angry:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi John and Shell the 22 mm does OK plus I had /have plenty of 22 mm hose to trip over in the garage :thumb:If I am on the last empty before home bound,I empty the loo cassette at the same time so the tank is normally well empty before I have done the loo :thumb:::bigsmile:Ann does her bit by having wet ones for my hands before she lets me back in the van :Doh:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back