replacement trimmy type stuff - external (1 Viewer)

westfielder

Free Member
Jul 6, 2016
Lechlade
Funster No
MH
McLouis 331
Exp
2016 Onwards
Hello !

Total total newbie here. We just took ownership of a 1999 Lunar Roadstar 570. It looks a bit tired from the outside. One part I hope I can improve is a sort of rubber trim that goes around joints and openings/doors etc. It looks like a thin rubber snake that's pushed into a groove. It was once grey but looks like the grey outer shield has come off leaving a hardened cracked yellow inner core exposed.

Could someone tell me if this is replaceable and what it's called? I'm struggling to google it as I don't really know what to search for.

Sorry it's not a very good description Here's a couple of photos, the second shows the change from grey to yellow:

Beading (1 of 1).jpg

Beading (1 of 1)-2.jpg

Many Thanks in advance for your wisdom.

Nick

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
oops double post

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
Could try using a toothbrush and some cheap toothpaste. Daft as it sounds it seems to clean trim easily.

OP
OP
westfielder

westfielder

Free Member
Jul 6, 2016
Lechlade
Funster No
MH
McLouis 331
Exp
2016 Onwards
Wow - thank you so much that was a quick reply from both. Looks like just the stuff. I'll order some and let you know how I get on :)
Graham and Jane - I will try some toothpaste on some of teh plastic trims that's looking a bit yellow and faded too - thank you

Kind Regards

Nick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back