Replacement side window needed Mobilvetta (1 Viewer)

robsons

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Funster No
We have a Mobilvetta 170LX Euroyacht 1997. We have just returned from our 5 week trip in Europe and fllowing a somewhat scary experience in Malamedy,Belgium when a crazed druggie attacked the van we now need to replace the side window.
We took it to Carglass in Belgium but as this is not a standard window we have been driving round with plexiglass. Can anyone helpwith where we can get a replacement. I will post something on touring site to warn people re the Camping Aire at malmedy.

Thanks in hopeof any replies to my email address werobson@hotmail.co.uk

:Sad:

Scrubnuts

Free Member
May 11, 2008
Lomba do Rei Portugal
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
We have a Mobilvetta 170LX Euroyacht 1997. We have just returned from our 5 week trip in Europe and fllowing a somewhat scary experience in Malamedy,Belgium when a crazed druggie attacked the van we now need to replace the side window.
We took it to Carglass in Belgium but as this is not a standard window we have been driving round with plexiglass. Can anyone helpwith where we can get a replacement. I will post something on touring site to warn people re the Camping Aire at malmedy.

Thanks in hopeof any replies to my email address werobson@hotmail.co.uk

:Sad:
Try Link Removed

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Is it a polyplastic window to the conversion area or glass window to the cab area ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

robsons

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Funster No
replacement window

It is a glass passenger window in cab area. I am going to take it to Lowdhams motor caravans tomorrow to see if they can help. Thanks

TinaGlenn

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Near King's Lynn
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
If your van is on the Iveco base have you tried contacting Iveco to see if they can supply a new side window?
Or the manufacturer of whichever base vehicle it is built on.

Tina.

OP
OP
R

robsons

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Funster No
replacement window

thanks Tina, tried that - not Iveco standard looks like we will have to get one made.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Sorry to hear about your window and the circumstances under which it was broken.

What annoys me a little is that somebody like Autoglass cant replace it for you. They advertise themselves as being the best in the business but when something unusual comes along, its to hard.

A lot like Kwik Fit.

All the best

Jim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back