Replacement for rotating eye shade (1 Viewer)

chenderson1965

Free Member
Aug 3, 2019
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R A Class
Exp
10 years with hires, Newbie owner
Another question on the list of jobs/improvements from our first long break in the new bus.

Last year I had a bad eye condition which has left me very sensitive to sun glare. I have various kinds of dark glasses and a peaked cap which help to a degree and when driving towards the sun I can use the front roller blind.

The problem comes when the sun is from the drivers side. In car, you'd just spin the eye shade round from the front window to the side. That's not possible in the van, of course, and the huge size of the A class side windows makes it a big area to shade.

I've managed so far by turning the peak of my cap to the side. It works a bit (and makes me look like some kind of low rent, white middle aged rapper).

I could use the kids car sunscreens that fix with suckers - but would probably need two or three, it'd look a mess and would be impossible to deploy/remove on the go. I could also buy some tinted film and apply that - but don't like the idea of having it there permanently.

Does anyone else have any inspired solutions?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Another question on the list of jobs/improvements from our first long break in the new bus.

Last year I had a bad eye condition which has left me very sensitive to sun glare. I have various kinds of dark glasses and a peaked cap which help to a degree and when driving towards the sun I can use the front roller blind.

The problem comes when the sun is from the drivers side. In car, you'd just spin the eye shade round from the front window to the side. That's not possible in the van, of course, and the huge size of the A class side windows makes it a big area to shade.

I've managed so far by turning the peak of my cap to the side. It works a bit (and makes me look like some kind of low rent, white middle aged rapper).

I could use the kids car sunscreens that fix with suckers - but would probably need two or three, it'd look a mess and would be impossible to deploy/remove on the go. I could also buy some tinted film and apply that - but don't like the idea of having it there permanently.

Does anyone else have any inspired solutions?
You have to be very careful legal wise
If you are talking front side window ( either side ) no tint beyond something that would reduce 'pass through' is allowed beyond 5% over 80% of the window area.
With that in mind, perhaps a house type roller blind of the correct width that could be pulled down just a few inches ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back