May 26, 2020
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Vine 634
Exp
Since 2019
Hello,

We've suffered a couple of failures of the plastic drawer catches on the Vline 634. Probably due to drawers being overloaded which we have rectified now. But the catches, I think the technical word is strike plate, aren't holding now.

The design looks like 2 L's stuck together but I think I need just a right angle plate. The part of the L with the holes, screwed against the frame and the second part was on the underside of the frame. Looking at the catch and the push lock it only needs to be 10mm.

20200527_102953[1].jpg20200527_103012[1].jpg

Anyone else replaced theirs?

Andrew.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Hello,

We've suffered a couple of failures of the plastic drawer catches on the Vline 634. Probably due to drawers being overloaded which we have rectified now. But the catches, I think the technical word is strike plate, aren't holding now.

The design looks like 2 L's stuck together but I think I need just a right angle plate. The part of the L with the holes, screwed against the frame and the second part was on the underside of the frame. Looking at the catch and the push lock it only needs to be 10mm.

View attachment 391333View attachment 391336

Anyone else replaced theirs?

Andrew.
I may be wrong (usually) but I think they're designed like that so the leg with the holes screws to the inside face of the frame (not the bottom face) with the middle over the bottom face of the frame and the other leg projecting down to receive the catch. The reason for that is it gives a strong fixing (harder to pull the screws out the plate).
However if the striking plate is broken through the middle don't see any reason why a (metal) "L" bracket wouldn't work providing you've got long \ heavy enough screws holding it on. Various sizes of brackets \ screw available at Screwfix \ Toolstation. One thing you'll need to watch is if the new bracket is thinner you'll need to position it so it holds the catch firmly and not just to the face of the frame.

ps w2f:HelloThere:

OP
OP
AndRobbins

AndRobbins

Free Member
May 26, 2020
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Vine 634
Exp
Since 2019
Thanks GellyNeck - I've managed to source some 12mm brackets - hopefully fit them this weekend and report back.

And thanks for the Welcome!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 17, 2017
Funster No
MH
PVC - AT Tribute T-670
Exp
Hi AndRobbins. Re. the strike plates that you sourced, can you remember from where you got them and what they were called?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back