Replacement carpets (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
i have an Elddis autoquest155 . The carpets have "dried out" and every time we lift them to take them out to hoover them ( or dyson them ) there is a lot of dust from the backing left on the floor. Where can I get replacements that don't cost the earth or is there something I can do to them to stop this?TIA

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Sorry I can't help but I understand the problem. I had mine replaced by a company down here, Yorkshire, for £400-ish, carpets look better but my bank account looks worse :whistle:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
There are a few options if you Google "motorhome replacement carpets" but don't expect it to be cheap. You could try an Eldiss dealer to see if a replacement set is available as a spare part.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Some one on here posted how they had a replacement set made recently by someone local to them and were excellent value. You could try searching in the posts for it and sorry I cannot remember who posted the thread.

Kath

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Two options.
Either "coat" the back of the carpet (assuming not foam backed) with latex adhesive (Copydex is probably the best known brand name but much cheaper options are available)
or using the original carpets as a template buy a suitable remnant from your local carpet shop, cut out new carpets and have these edge bound. Remember, if original carpets are held in place by pop studs you might need to fit these as well.

As a third alternative we bought and fitted carpet tiles which gives a "fully fitted" finish but it's a lot of intricate work!

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
I removed our fitted carpets, and have washable non slip mats instead. Easier to wash, shake out and cheap. :)

rikfos

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
I went to carpetright bought a good quality remnant, then used the old carpet as a template.
I then took the carpets to be bound. Cost £10 for the carpet nd £25 to have them bound

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
The man who fitted my satellite dish on an industrial estate told me of a local company that fitted carpets to coaches. Apparently, they lie flat and don't curl up at the edges. I handed over my existing carpets and he used that as a template to make the new ones.

When my wife decided she would like a change of colour we trotted off to our local carpet shop and had no luck at all finding carpet that would do the job. Seems coach quality is the specification that is needed.

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
i have an Elddis autoquest155 . The carpets have "dried out" and every time we lift them to take them out to hoover them ( or dyson them ) there is a lot of dust from the backing left on the floor. Where can I get replacements that don't cost the earth or is there something I can do to them to stop this?TIA
first thing we did is remove the carpets as the new is a perfectctly serviceable wooden floor which if you have had a German van like out last one did not have carpets supplied or available. Ou r thinking is that campsites can be wet muddy places and who wants to be dealing with such things on carpets

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back