Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
I think that the pipe connected to the shower drain plug hole needs replacing (Leaking), I have looked underneath the camper but cannot see how I would get to the underneath of the shower tray. Is it possible to remove the drain hole and pull the pipe up through the shower tray? Or has anyone got an idea as to how I could change the pipe?

Motorhome is a 2001 Rimor NG5.

Thanks for any help.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i managed to do one on a previous van by cutting an access hole through the floor round the pipe. pig of a job though working on your back with sawdust and crap falling on you. when reassembled the plughole needs supporting again. i used expanding foam and a patch of plywood screwed to the underside

in my case the plughole had cracked

dismantling the bathroom to access the tray can be a huge job on some vans and equally fun to put back together and look right with new sealant

if your pipe has split under the van, cant you just cut it off before the leak and join a new pipe there

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
What is next to the shower on our previous van the garage was behind and there were 2 vents to the underneath of the shower . I thought there was a leak but found it was water running down the side of the shower tray when we were parked at certain angles so a big relief. It was a bit of a contortion to look through the holes after removing the vents but a lot better that the alternative!! I bet there is a way of looking under yours well worth looking at the sealant around the shower tray as well if you can look under you can gat someone to squirt water in various places and see what happens.

OP
OP
Billy23

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
I thought there was a leak but found it was water running down the side of the shower tray when we were parked at certain angles so a big relief. .

Now that sounds like my problem, when I park on a slope, I find that water leaks into the kitchen area, I have looked ever place I can think of to see where the leak is and in desperation thought that the only place left is just under the plug hole.

When you say running down the side of the shower, how, where and how did you fix it.

Any help or suggestion would be great.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Now that sounds like my problem, when I park on a slope, I find that water leaks into the kitchen area, I have looked ever place I can think of to see where the leak is and in desperation thought that the only place left is just under the plug hole.

When you say running down the side of the shower, how, where and how did you fix it.

Any help or suggestion would be great.
No that was after I re-sealed it was running off the wall onto the sealant at the edge of the shwer tray along the edge of the tray and forwards onto the floor it looked like it was coming from a gap from under the tray but when I got access it was bone dry!!!.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back