replace hymer gas struts drop down bed (1 Viewer)

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
Not a DIY person spent all working life in office but managed to replaced the gas struts to day took 2/3 hours but very pleased with result. VAn came with lobsidded bed and never noticed during viewing. All sorts of prices quoted by tradesman from a day job to 1/2 day Hamilton gave best and very realistic quote but cannot book van in till June. Hence, did it myself Could be a start of new career DIY That would shock friends and family:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi
Just shows you you never know what you can do till you try.

Used to repair photocopiers and had to work on phone help at times it was surprising what you could get people to do to get themselves out of trouble, don't know who was more surprised at times the person who fixed it or me.

Dave :thumb:

Upvote 0

twoofakind

Free Member
Jan 4, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A lifetime of camping/caravanning/motorhoming
We've got a lopsided end bed and been thinking of attacking the gas strutts. Did you find them on-line? Might have a go.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
We've got a lopsided end bed and been thinking of attacking the gas strutts. Did you find them on-line? Might have a go.:Smile:

Infromation from Hymer Club International web site as to how to replce them also where you can buy the struts but when I make enquery at the company was took it would take 4 weeks to deliever. Rang brownhill Newark quoted them the part number located on the barrel and they had 2 in shock (Costed 20pound more each) and decided to buy them arrived after 5 days. (had to ring up to chase them after 2 days)
can give you step by step how i did it to day if you need it Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Well done... and you did it without smashing through the windscreen... superb!

JJ

PS now te bed flies up and down don't do what I did and pull the bed down with your mulitimo sat dish on the dash! (The new shape dish now pulls in Russian and Romanian soaps!!!)

Upvote 0
OP
OP

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
Well done... and you did it without smashing through the windscreen... superb!

JJ

PS now te bed flies up and down don't do what I did and pull the bed down with your mulitimo sat dish on the dash! (The new shape dish now pulls in Russian and Romanian soaps!!!)

thanks, my sat dish is on the roof but i have not get round to using it yet, only just downloaded the manual yesterday and now that i fixed the bed will have a go at it to morrow

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back