Renting a motor home (1 Viewer)

Oct 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 243
Exp
1 year in and loving it
Hi, we live in Oxfordshire and are looking to rent a motor home for the first time. Does anyone have any recommendations for rental businesses in Oxfordshire / Gloucestershire?

I’ve been looking at m5motorhomehire and they have a couple of models that could fit the bill (Sunlight T68 and a Sun Living S65 SL). Does anyone have experiences (good or bad) with either of these models, or the business itself they would be willing to share?

Thanks!

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
A funster on here that I am in contact with has a rental business operating from Royal Wootten Bassett, if you are south Oxfordshire, with Rollerteams I think.
I cannot find his website but I found a link on another (agency) site. I think he has 2 or 3 MHs

<Broken link removed>

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Hi. I haven't heard of, or had experience of m5 motorhome hire, or indeed the Sunlight product. However, if it helps you. We hired from a Roller Team coach built MH from "Just Go" who are based at Toddington, their actual premises are less than 3 mins from junction 12 of the M1. All their stock is less than 18months old and well presented. The handover is very thorough with lots of tips for new users.

No matter who you hire from make sure to check the vehicle condition report which you have to sign at the beginning of the hire period, make sure you spend a good 15mins checking both internal and external of the areas of the vehicle and make sure all defects no matter how minor are captured on the form before you sign it. I know this can feel a little awkward with the company rep standing over your shoulder. but you could live to regret it at the end of the hire period if you miss anything. Also make sure you take time reading the small print in the hire agreement. There are so many clauses that could cost you as much as the hire charges.

Having said all that I'm sure you'll enjoy the experience.

Upvote 0
Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
I have been in a Sunlight T68, its very similar to the dethleffs we bought so has the shower on one side and toilet on the other side of the van.

The sunliving S65 one is smaller as the bathroom and toilet are in one. I'm not sure if the lounge area would be smaller too. The Sunliving 75 would be a similar length to the T68. Both are likely to be well made but at an entry point level (nothing wrong there though)!!

Upvote 0

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I know there is one in Clanfield, between Oxford and Swindon. I have no idea if they have a good reputation and have never used them.

Upvote 0

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I know there is one in Clanfield, between Oxford and Swindon. I have no idea if they have a good reputation and have never used them.

Although their rating on Google is 4.9/5, so they're probably pretty good!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
SpitzTM
Oct 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 243
Exp
1 year in and loving it

Thank you for this suggestion. I did take a look but they don’t have a low profile MH that includes a garage.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
SpitzTM
Oct 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 243
Exp
1 year in and loving it
Ok, motorhome hire reservation made for April next year, can’t wait!

We went for the Sunlight T68 in the end. It’s 7.4 m long so will be interesting to see how it drives (a Volvo estate is the largest thing either of us have driven up to now).

Thanks again for all help and suggestions.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back