Rental companies (1 Viewer)

Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
Looked and nearly booked with JustGo nr Luton until I saw the reviews and discovered the basics we would need are extra inc £50 minimum to park the car!

Now looking at McRent in Lea Valley.

So, is there an area on here that discusses rental...?

Stevewheel

Free Member
May 2, 2017
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail V Line 540
Exp
I'm a newbie
Depends on what exactly you are looking for but we had very successful MoHo renting from a lady that advertises on Ebay. I believe she has 2 or 3 Hymers, with a few miles on the clock but we found them in excellent condition and her service was superb. Seem to recall she was based somewhere near Crawley/Gatwick area. Very cost effective.

Upvote 0

Stevewheel

Free Member
May 2, 2017
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail V Line 540
Exp
I'm a newbie
Andacami Sorry, meant to mention we left our car in her secure storage during the rental, for free!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Fontie

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 7, 2018
Milton Heights, Milton, Abingdon, UK
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL
Exp
Since 2018
Make sure you pay using a credit card some rental companies are very very slow to pay deposit back. Also take pictures of the van specially damaged area's before you drive it, and make sure any damage is noted on the hire agreement. Take pictures on your return to show there was no damage whilst you had the van, take picture showing the toilet cassette is empty silly I know but some hire companies will add a fee saying it wasn't emptied

Upvote 0

Sucoz

Free Member
Oct 28, 2018
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
‘A’ Class
Exp
since 2011
Agree with Fontie. Also they may have plenty off add ons that don't show up until you have booked eg. parking your car. Ours asked for extra if we wanted cutlery and crockery ( we didn't book this but it was in there anyway) also to be shown how to use the motorhome, clearly its in there interest to give you an explanation so don't be fooled and pay extra. Ours had terrible reviews but it wasn't too bad in the end.

Upvote 0

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
+1 For a record of outside condition. I fired up my phone video and told the handover guy to walk with as I walked around the outside commenting on absolutely every little thing, with regular shots of him as well. Also we insisted on a full inventory (eg 4 teaspoons, 1 EHU lead, 1 grey water tank key, four cushions one with orange stain in corner, etc, etc) which wa signed by us & renter then photocopied and photoed as well. We also asked that if we later bought a new m/H from them if they would credit the rental off the price, which they did. For the record that was a McRent franchise and they stored our land cruiser in their secure compound free of charge while we are away. In our experience would recommend again.

Upvote 0
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Steer clear of the firm based in Cambridge that has a number of websites, I paid a £1000 deposit and after returning the van back in good order it took them 13 weeks to pay the deposit back. They blamed American Express who handle their transactions, but when I spoke to AMex, they said the cash was with hire firm.
I do not like people holding on to my cash for no reason

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back