Sep 11, 2017
Gower
Funster No
MH
Burstner 680G
Exp
4 years
Hi all
This is my first post . I currently hold a C1 licence and I am 70 in a few months . I currently drive a Rimor superbrig which will take a full size motorbike in the garage. I am looking at downsizing to a smaller motorhome but was wondering about keeping my C1 licence . I could always tow the bike on a trailer or get a small bike or scooter just for the motorhome.
What I need to know is how often is a medical needed to keep the C1 , is it every year?

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
My C1 licence renewal is coming up at the end of January.
Had a medical 3 years ago and just today I have booked one for a couple of weeks time.
As long as you aren't quite on your death bed you should be OK and it's a good opportunity to get a check up as we get older.
You will have to pay for the check and our local practice charge £150. There are cheaper options that can be booked on-line but I feel that its worth paying my own doctor for a thorough check over every three years.
The DVLA will send a licence renewal form out 90 days before the renewal date but they don't send any forms for C1 renewal. For those you need to go on-line and apply to have then posted. The D4 medical forms can be downloaded and printed.

Richard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S
Sep 11, 2017
Gower
Funster No
MH
Burstner 680G
Exp
4 years
Thanks for the info . As it's every three years I will certainly apply to keep my C1 .

Brian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back