Funster No
MH
WildAx Elara
Exp
Can anyone enlighten me please?

Caravan Guard = £469.50
Milestone Insurance Consultants = £274.81
LV = £172.53

I have multi vehicle insurance policy with LV for my cars and found that they are now covering motorhomes/motorcaravans. Spoke with them direct to ensure I was getting like for like. I was also going to add my wifes car to my policy and she was quoted £196.?? for her 2018 Audi Q2.

So a 2019 Dethleff Trend motorhome valued at £60k+/- is £172.53 and a 18 month old Audi is £196 HTF do these things work? Then consider the variant prices between Caravan Guard and Milestone who were both underwritten by Aegeas. To my mind all this does is proves that insurance companies are robbing us blind.

I look forward to the incoming. Anyone?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Is the LV policy a proper Motorhome policy, i.e. will cover awning damage, fire caused by gas leak etc., if it is just a car policy it won't.

OP
OP
Archie H
Jun 26, 2012
Claypole, Near Newark
Funster No
MH
WildAx Elara
Exp
Thanks for the reply Lenny,
Yes it is, I specifically went through it in fine detail with them on the phone to ensure what I was getting was the same as my current policy. The young lady I spoke with had me on hold for over 5 mins whilst she checked some items in particular like Sat TV, Awning, Solar, etc. Then I told her I had fitted a towbar and she said thats included too. Does it have parking sensors or reversing camera. Reversing camera and then she asked if it had Dash Cam. It does now.

It's a minefield and I held off because they only provide an online quote valid for 9 days. I'm absolutely shocked.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thanks for the reply Lenny,
Yes it is, I specifically went through it in fine detail with them on the phone to ensure what I was getting was the same as my current policy. The young lady I spoke with had me on hold for over 5 mins whilst she checked some items in particular like Sat TV, Awning, Solar, etc. Then I told her I had fitted a towbar and she said thats included too. Does it have parking sensors or reversing camera. Reversing camera and then she asked if it had Dash Cam. It does now.

It's a minefield and I held off because they only provide an online quote valid for 9 days. I'm absolutely shocked.
Just a word of caution ... make sure you ALWAYS use the dash cam if that is bringing your quote down as they assume it will always be on ...

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Did you do an online quote first or just ring them? I've tried doing the online quote but it doesn't work as it asks for the make of car, no MH makes listed at all.

OP
OP
Archie H
Jun 26, 2012
Claypole, Near Newark
Funster No
MH
WildAx Elara
Exp
I started an online quote last week and then realised I was a few days premature with application. I called them this morning, had to wait in the queue and then got through. Told her what I was looking to do and based on the fact that I had already got a multi vehicle policy with them she looked at the details and then added the MH. We went through every detail based on my current policy to ensure I was asking and they were comparing apples with apples. I then asked them to send the quote to me so that I could go through it myself and check. I will continue to check and double check to ensure its 100% and if its not I will be back to update.

I hope that this helps anyone else who is looking and at that price it is worth the extra hassle rather than handing over a fist-full to these robbing sods.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
My renewal with caravanguard down from £441 to 331 though I have got 13years ncd. I am happy with that.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
My renewal with caravanguard down from £441 to 331 though I have got 13years ncd. I am happy with that.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I think the car versus motorhome pricing will be in the S prefix for the car

half of them will be driven by people proudly quoting the speeds they achieve ?

my dear old dad, bless him died early 90’s but for his early retirement present to himself bought a montego ? made the mistake of buying the turbo version which I don’t think went much faster but doubled his insurance ?? he swapped it for a talking maestro ?

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Only vehicle too no other car now since I got rid of my Nissan Pathfinder, don’t need the space.

RichardandKaren

Free Member
Oct 4, 2017
Leamington Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido 786F
Hi Craig (Advancelns) - you mention that you can look across "the whole market". Do you mean that you can check with those insurers that you have agency facilities with, or are you saying that you have the ability to deal with every insurer in the UK that is able to write cover for motorhomes? It's an important difference.

Nov 23, 2011
durham
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
since 2006
Has the LV policy got like for like windscreen cover. When I got a quote it was only £600. No where near enough.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Hi RichardandKaren hope you are well and keeping safe, we are referring to our market, those that we have agency facilities with.

These include the following:
  • Ageas
  • AXA
  • Highway (A Division of LV)
  • Equity Red Star
  • KGM
  • Victor Millwell (underwritten by AVIVA)- also known as comfort
if there's anyone missing from this list you'd like us to look into, we'd love any recommendations.
it would good for clarity to if you could explain as a broker you create deals with insurers and as a result your quotes may be different to either going direct if possible and other brokers. In addition you can modify policies with the insurers to suit particular target markets.
if you can confirm that then maybe it will answer some if the inevitable questions such as ‘ my LV covers me for XYZ will yours? ’

Dec 18, 2017
Lowestoft UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 524
Exp
since 2003
Hello people,
Motorhome is 2018 Bessacarr 524 inc VB full air Value £55,000 Renewal due October.
10 years + NCB
My present insurer is Scenic who quoted £269 XS £450.
Comfort £272.26 XS £200
Saga £320.59 XS £150
Now I have read several comments regarding NFU insurance, so I thought, get a quote Trev as I haven't had a laugh for a while.
I have to say quoting Archie The quotes are to compare "apples with apples" un quote.
N.F.U. £708.80P and yes inc legal.
So what the hell is that about.
The C &CC would not quote unless the tracker was operational, and working. No other company asked.
The problem is with the tracker, if the vehicle is found, and the tracker disabled by you caring crook you could well have a problem with the theft insurance, and lets be honest, would you really want it back.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back