renewal reminder (1 Viewer)

Nov 10, 2013
worcester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
I have just received my renewal quote from Safequard, an eye watering £569.99 . After an hour or so on the phone and net, I have received a quote for £323.39 inc breakdown cover from Comfort, guess who is getting my money. So if any members have their insurance renewal coming up, I would suggest you give comfort a call. Having read several threads on here they come highly recommended.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Safeguard probably loaded your Premium to pay for their Computer glitch that they can't sort out.

DigglyDog

Free Member
Jan 25, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 620 SE
Exp
Seems to be a common thing with renewals though - Insurance companies trust that you'll not bother to look around. Just had a renewal on the Fiat 500 from LV, checked online and the same cover is quoted (by LV) 75 quid cheaper.
They did match this when challenged, but it does make you question they value customer loyalty...

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
I read or heard that the closer to your renewal date the premiums go up
Not sure how far in advance you can arrange insurance
Sue arranges ours and taps my account

I am not safe with technology

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We used AiB as they were the only people who could give us a quote more than 30 days in advance. Had to do it that far in advance as we were going to be out of the UK. Comfort, LV, Safeguard and the rest just kept telling us we would need to call nearer the time (within 30 days of the renewal date) and no matter how often we told them we would be out of the country then and until after the renewal was due they said we couldn't arrange anything sooner than the 30 days.

The quote from AiB was pretty much what we were expecting, and they were really helpful and actually listened !

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Insurance companies are like drug dealers - low prices to get you hitched, then hike the prices.
And the same level of morals

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back