Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
Good evening, this is serious. And I really need help. For a while now I have had a fuel problem, long run short run hot or cold. Engine starts, drives about 300 yards then peters out. Have tried lots. Plugs. Electrics and associated parts. Changed carb. Fuel filter, fuel pump. If I take pump off, press plunger and replace, engine starts, if I don't press plunger it often starts. Off to France next Monday,,, help,,,, if I take rocker cover off ? Will I find a slide from cam that is stuck, what pushes the pump slide in and out,,,,?....?? Sorry it's a lot to ask. But. Running out of options, cheers froghopper

keithcdb

Free Member
May 31, 2013
scotland
Funster No
MH
Iveco
Exp
Could be worth checking the vacuum pipes from the inlet manifold and the inlet manifold gasket. Drawing in extra air could be your problem.

Hope you get it sorted :thumb:

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Have you tried draining fuel tank, an old van of mine had water in the petrol (condensation from standing).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Have you tried draining fuel tank, an old van of mine had water in the petrol (condensation from standing).

Definitely look in tank small filter in tank pulling muck in then letting it drop again when it stops over and over seen it many times

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back