Renault Master - Siting of Sanef tag (1 Viewer)

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Happy New Year to all.

One of the things I need to get round to fixing this year is the placement of my Sanef Tag.

I have a 2017 Adria Matrix based on the Renault Master.

I have placed the tag in the speckled zone to the left of the mirror and found this frequently did not work. Even after taking it out and waving it around the screen it would not work - or we dropped it and chaos ensued. Once I had to get out the van and wave it. The van is slightly over 3m but this is not the issue as the payment display says it is a Class 2 and charges on that basis.

Has anyone else had an issue with this and found a resolution. Any other advice gratefully received as there is nothing wrong with the tag and I have followed the Sanef instructions as best I can understand them.

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
Happy New Year to all.

One of the things I need to get round to fixing this year is the placement of my Sanef Tag.

I have a 2017 Adria Matrix based on the Renault Master.

I have placed the tag in the speckled zone to the left of the mirror and found this frequently did not work. Even after taking it out and waving it around the screen it would not work - or we dropped it and chaos ensued. Once I had to get out the van and wave it. The van is slightly over 3m but this is not the issue as the payment display says it is a Class 2 and charges on that basis.

Has anyone else had an issue with this and found a resolution. Any other advice gratefully received as there is nothing wrong with the tag and I have followed the Sanef instructions as best I can understand them.

Hi Camdoon, we had a 2012 Renault Master PVC with the standard fit roof mounted sat nav. We found the shaded area surrounding the rear view mirror/ auto wiper sensor the perfect place.

Use the truck lanes on the far right, they have sensors at differing heights and approach slowly, ours worked every time and now works fine in the same area under the luton cab of the Ducato. We have the French & Spanish tags either side of the rear view mirror.

The newer tags are slightly smaller and the tag clip is also designed differently

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
We just leave ours on the dashboard in one of the little cubby holes on the Hymer and it seems to works fine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
I think think we have an issue with height as we appear to be just on the cusp of being flagged for being over 3m. I have raised the issue under the France forum this time as we had no issues on our visit last week.

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
I think think we have an issue with height as we appear to be just on the cusp of being flagged for being over 3m. I have raised the issue under the France forum this time as we had no issues on our visit last week.

There is leeway of 2% at the toll plaza. A MH at 3.03m, Lowline or Super Lowline, will conform to the 3m height restriction. A Highline MH of 3.10 or above or one fitted with a roof box wont.

They are more concerned with those who have roof mounted cycle carriers using the truck booths which in many cases pushes them above the C1 threshold.

We used ours a lot last year and didn't have an issue.

The Spanish & Portuguese VIA-T is slightly different as they don't have booths, just gantries keeping it free flowing.

Info comes from a neighbour who works at Sanef in Hornbeam Park here in Harrogate.

OP
OP
C

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
My van at the front is 3.8ish and then dips at the back but I have a Sat Dome. I think that the air suspension may just push the height over but going one way round a French northern circle in Feb was problematic and then doing the reverse trip last week, we had no issues.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back