Renault Master - limp mode (2 Viewers)

Jun 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
Lunar 5star
Has anyone any experience with a Master going in to limp mode? It started intermittently and now pretty much stuck there - lacking power and unable to rev above 3k rpm.
Having connected an OBD reader i seem to have boost pressure on idle and also with the ignition just switched to on but not running. I'm guess it is probably the boost/pressure sensor...but no matter how i search i can not seem to find a location for it.
If anyone has any ideas to share they will most gratefully received - in the mean time i will be off to try a new boost pressure solenoid.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I think You need to get a proper read of the fault codes to get to the bottom of the problem.
Otherwise it is guess work

OP
OP
O
Jun 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
Lunar 5star
I think You need to get a proper read of the fault codes to get to the bottom of the problem.
Otherwise it is guess work
Guess work (or fault finding) is half the fun! But no more seriously, being an engineer i have overriding desire to fix things myself and i typically like to take things apart to understand how it all works - especially as the nearest useful garage is about 45 minutes away:LOL:. Chaffed wire is a likely cause given the way it behaves on idle and with just the ignition on but dirty sensor or sensor fault are also possible.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
It would help with a bit more information, engine code and CC and year of manufacture,
I replaced my pressure sensor but it turned out to be The CVT turbo had gummed up and putting her into overboost that triggers the Limp home mode,

OP
OP
O
Jun 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
Lunar 5star
It would help with a bit more information, engine code and CC and year of manufacture,
I replaced my pressure sensor but it turned out to be The CVT turbo had gummed up and putting her into overboost that triggers the Limp home mode,
Yes i agree that would probably help :LOL:.. sometimes my enthusiasm gets the better of me!

It is a 150DCi 2.5l master on a 57 plate.

However, after rushing around and having a great weekend at Ullswater (Cove Caravan and Camping Park) between two very slow painful journeys, i spent a bit more time crawling around underneath. Took the undertray off and found the sensor at the front bottom of intercooler pipe, bit of wiggling of the wiring above and i could watch the boost / vacuum signal bounce around even with the engine off. Decided to take it out to get the part number and the plug came off easily, a little too easily.. Boost shot up to 25psi without engine running. Got the part number and decided to plug it back in and try the cable wiggle again - no bouncing around and 0 boost.. tried to disconnect it and i couldn't get it apart again:ROFLMAO:. Everything now working fine again (y) So looks like a loose connector for now.

Photo attached in case anyone else tries to find it. Front of van at top of picture - bit awkward to photo though..

Always a fantastic feeling when it all works again!!

Attachments

• 20210621_171733_LI.jpg
    20210621_171733_LI.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 677
Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Pleased it was just that, so good result, your engine should be a GU9 if it’s 150 HP and that year,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back