Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
Hi All

We are going to look at a Renault Master dCi 150 2500cc base motorhome at the weekend.

Having read about the fiat x/250 and the problems it has, does Renault have any problems that i should be aware of.

Thanks
Billy

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
dont know of anything but im sure renault is a seperate animal to the "sevill" vans(fiat,citroen and peugot) so the probs they have shouldnt apply.

S

stagman

Deleted User
Hi All

We are going to look at a Renault Master dCi 150 2500cc base motorhome at the weekend.

Having read about the fiat x/250 and the problems it has, does Renault have any problems that i should be aware of.

Thanks
Billy

Only just bought mine a dci 150 -2500cc ,so far so good ,lower than the Fiat more car like to drive ,apparantly more expensive base than the Fiat and cheaper servicing.Don't go for the 120 as it's underpowered i hear.Also it isan euro 4 engine .It also produces more power than the older 3ltr engine . best luck :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
billy

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
Hi Stagman

Thanks for the reply we are looking at the miami 740s.

how do you find the miami?

S

stagman

Deleted User
Hi Stagman

Thanks for the reply we are looking at the miami 740s.

how do you find the miami?

Early days ,read a lot and looked at them thoroughly before doing the deal .I bought the 740 d ,love the layout and build quality .Cab is great .I was told the Renault was dropped because the base was a lot dearer than the Fiat .You also sit a little lower ,my wife can now put her feet on the floor without a box .It drives nice plenty of power ,pulling easily in 4th or 5th uphill at 60ish with the 6th gear for cruising.There are a few 120 models stuck in the showrooms be carefull :thumb:

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
hi billy
ours is the Renault 3 litre dci having previously having a fiat 2.5 it beats the fiat in all departments. pulls really well doesn't struggle at all good choice:Smile:

mark.

OP
OP
billy

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
Hi Stagman

we went to look at two over the last two weeks.
The first one was a 3LTR?(turned out to be 2500cc) on a 07 plate if i said he did repairs with gaffer tape not impressed as we travelled quite a distance disappointed.
The second one was at discover cannock 57 plate again disappointed the wall in the shower cubicle had horizontal splits all the way down,the sink unit in the kitched had swollen again disappointed.
But that morning we had a phone call from a lady in Middlewich who was selling one ,we had left a message on her answer phone two weeks ago but forgot about it she had been on holiday and had just got back that morning
so off we went guess what this is the one ticks all the boxes immaculate

S

stagman

Deleted User
Hi Stagman

we went to look at two over the last two weeks.
The first one was a 3LTR?(turned out to be 2500cc) on a 07 plate if i said he did repairs with gaffer tape not impressed as we travelled quite a distance disappointed.
The second one was at discover cannock 57 plate again disappointed the wall in the shower cubicle had horizontal splits all the way down,the sink unit in the kitched had swollen again disappointed.
But that morning we had a phone call from a lady in Middlewich who was selling one ,we had left a message on her answer phone two weeks ago but forgot about it she had been on holiday and had just got back that morning
so off we went guess what this is the one ticks all the boxes immaculate

Great ,keep best luck hope it's the one.:thumb:

OP
OP
billy

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
Well we went to pick up the Autotrail Miami today had another good look around it again took my son as a extra pair of eyes he could see nothing wrong with it.

Took it for a test drive runs really great no problems at all.

Got all the service history and all manuals.

very happy looking forward to getting out with it:thumb:

S

stagman

Deleted User
Well we went to pick up the Autotrail Miami today had another good look around it again took my son as a extra pair of eyes he could see nothing wrong with it.

Took it for a test drive runs really great no problems at all.

Got all the service history and all manuals.

very happy looking forward to getting out with it:thumb:

Best of luck , shall keep a look out for you :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back