Removing Transit Front Seats. (1 Viewer)

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
Looking to remove the drivers seat of a Mk8 transit based Chausson.

Can anyone give me the heads up on the type of socket “screw bit” needed to unscrew the seat and the approximate size so I can order a set with a good chance it will be included, please.

I want to have a good look at all the wireing that seems to go to the engine batterry, and to be able to replace the battery when the time comes.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Ours comes out with Alan keys Hex 5...so I have just been informed

Last edited:

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
If it like mine its a torx set you will need.. Can't say for sure which one but the standard sets will cover it.. You will need two sizes.. One for the 4 bolts securing the seat slides and if you want to lift the seat clear of the plinth a larger bit to undothe seat belt fastening..
Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
The seat is b$$$$y heavy! The passenger seat has the habitation battery and the driver's seat the engine battery. Very difficult to see where any of the wiring goes. My Benimar was already wired for 2 habitation batteries, even down to two vent pipes, but a very tight fit to get them both in.

I keep a cheap socket set from Lidl in the mh, and this came with all the required Torx sizes to remove the seat.

OP
OP
AXO66

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
Thanks for the quick replies

Will look closely to see if it’s torx, and use my current small ones to guess the size I need.

(Chausson only have one battery under passanger seat, and i have heard they do not recommend putting another in. Wonder if that's to do with ECU charger power or only one venting hole in floor,)

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
Thanks for the quick replies

Will look closely to see if it’s torx, and use my current small ones to guess the size I need.

(Chausson only have one battery under passanger seat, and i have heard they do not recommend putting another in. Wonder if that's to do with ECU charger power or only one venting hole in floor,)

The Ford chassis is the same spec. Have heard this one before about Chaussons. Presumably the Chausson also has solar power?

OP
OP
AXO66

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
The Ford chassis is the same spec. Have heard this one before about Chaussons. Presumably the Chausson also has solar power?

Not ours, we manage with one battery, so far!

friend just got a new one with solar and had a second battery installed, although aware of chaussons view.

Ours is a 210 on a 2015 year built outfit with a CBE electric system.

I Can just get our battery out with a lot of wriggling and turning on it‘s side.
have seen someone on this site put 2 a ford , in by placing them across the vehicle, ours is placed front to back.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
We have two 110ah leisure batteries fitted under passenger seat, retro fit by me, but been in a year and no problems.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back