Removing/Resealing window on N+B Arto69GL(2003) (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I have posted about this problem and its solution before, but did not get much response, so I am now posting it more widely on several forums.
I have a N+B Arto 69GL (2003). The rear window-frame has sprung away from the bodywork, allowing a small leak. I have temporarily taped-over the gap.

I know that just sticking ‘gunk’ in the gap is no solution, mainly from dealing with similar problems with my boat. The correct solution is to remove the whole frame, clean off the area on the bodywork and frame and reseal the window with Sikaflex and secure it again.

I am happy to undertake this myself if I have a bit more information on how it was built-in originally, so that is where I am seeking help.

I have not yet disturbed the wall-lining looking for fixings. Can anyone provide information on what fixings were used and does one need access to both outside and inside of the fixings – on my boat they were two-part(male/female) threaded ‘screws/bolts’ – sorry do not know proper name. Those were a two-man job to remove replace. This was because the frame had an inside and outside part.
I imagine that the MH equivalent is probably a single part just inserted and secured in the cut-out.

Is it possible that there are no fixings and that an adhesive was used to secure it?

If only an adhesive were used it should be simple enough to cut around the old adhesive and prise out the whole frame, clean off and use a good Sikaflex adhesive to put it back.

Would it be better to take the window out of the frame in order to clamp the frame to the bodywork while the adhesive is curing?

If I am barking up the wrong tree(s) please set me on the right track.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Geoff

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Geoff

They should be in on non setting mastic the same as the front windows and I think metal clips the same.

Just had a look at ours and at instructions for Seitz windows online, think they will be S7 as they are metal framed but can't find instruction for the flat non profiled version at the moment.

https://www.dometic.com/en-gb/uk/pr...rs/windows/dometic-s7p-_-24855#specifications

I believe the window is held in by little metal clip but all would reveal itself with a bit of a looking at.

IMG_1431.JPG

The corner came off dead easy so I guess the rest will follow in a similar fashion, you will then see the fixing screws for the outer frame, just remove and reseal with non setting mastic.

Martin

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back