Removing Polish from Rubber trims (1 Viewer)

Enodreven

xMember
Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
Hi,

Has anyone any suggestions for removing polish [MER not Northern Europeans LoL] from the rubber trims

Thanks

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
There is a trade product available for doing just that, it works well and there is no return,of polish residue once applied, it go's under various names and is generaly available at motor trade paint/valeting suppliers such as brown brothers or similar
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

• Informative
Reactions: f6c

grout

Free Member
Apr 27, 2008
Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I use Autoglym Bumper Care .... gets rid of all the white streaks of polish and brings bumpers/trim up luvly and black. Recommended (and I have no association with the company ..... other than spending lots cash with them!

:ROFLMAO:

cheers

john

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
well believe it or not I heard peanut butter was really good at this. I had terrible problems with mine and tried all the above but it allways came back after a few weeks.

opted to really mess it up by spraying it white.

C

Caravanning

Deleted User
I use Autoglym Bumper Care .... gets rid of all the white streaks of polish and brings bumpers/trim up luvly and black. Recommended (and I have no association with the company ..... other than spending lots cash with them!

:ROFLMAO:

cheers

john

Agreed, that is what I use.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi I have not tried it on polish, but Jane got some tar on her shoe on the beach, and I said try WD40 and it did the job, I know on the tin it can be used for a lot of things so I would say Dawn is right. Good Luck Bob.:thumb:

W

wolfy62

Deleted User
2nd that on WD40,i also use Black to Black.
Wolfy

D

Deleted member 57092

Deleted User
When I was a car dealer my valeter discovered that if he used bumper gel (back to black etc ) on the black plastic bits BEFORE he waxed the body work it solved the problem.
Bumper gel will get rid of the white wax marks on the black plastic trims but after a bit of weathering they come back. Pressure washing gets rid of the white stains better.
When we used to electric polish a whole car (usually a faded red vauxhall or vw) we used to mask up all the black trim with masking tape first. Time consuming but a better result.
Also bumper gel will hide fine scratches in metallic paintwork long enough for the vehicle to go through the auction (or get traded in ;-) )
Colouring them in with a similarly coloured felt tip also works as does boot polish on black cars..........
Wd 40 gets tar spots off of paintwork as does petrol.
Aerosol brake cleaner gets grease and tar off of cloth seats and carpets ,spray it on a bit of clean rag or tissue and then rub the grease etc off.
Paul

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Ya know this threads ten years old.. :D

But the solutions are still the same :xgrin: Be useful for newbies.

I do all my black plastic and rubber bits with a drop of WD40 on a cloth after I've finished polishing. Brings it up beautifully and lasts until next polish.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back