Sulli_Clan

Free Member
Aug 24, 2011
Ghost Town
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Granduco 2.5T
Exp
I have removed all of the retaining screws, as far as I can see, 4 at the sides of the fridge, 2 possibles at the back of the freeze as well as removing the vent covers and external flue attachment. Try as I might I cannot get it out. I have managed a bit of movement at the bottom but it just won't come out. I can't see any more fixings. Help!
I have photos but can't post at present....

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Some of them can be real barstewards to move, I did one in a caravan at the Newbury show and it took the owner and myself over half an hour of pulling/pushing/swearing etc plus removeing the sink from above the fridge. The reason it was so difficult turned out to be the sealing tape down the sides of the fridge had caught on the cabinet sides during original installation and literally glued it in place, it hadn't been out in over ten years! Make sure you've disconnected the electrics and gas feed too.

D.

OP
OP
S

Sulli_Clan

Free Member
Aug 24, 2011
Ghost Town
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Granduco 2.5T
Exp
I see what you are saying, it really is a bastard, nowhere to grip it, it's a very tight fit, and won't budge.
I watched a youtube instructional that suggested sliding it out until top panel accessible, say out 12", then undo electric and gas and remove fridge before bench testing. To be honest the feeds are impossible to remove until you have access from top, when fridge is outa bit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
May I suggest you push a saw down each side -not to cut but feel if there are any screws left or you may be able to feel whats holding it in place ;)
terry

trevosky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
How about the possibility of gas pipe etc being clipped tight to side of whatever is next to fridge?

Apr 10, 2014
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Fiat
Exp
Removed mine few week ago got to electric connections from bottom vent , and gas connection top vent hope this helps

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
oh the hours of swearing and pulling on fridges over the years. they are meant to be a good snug fit to help with sealing etc. best tool in my kit for getting out a stuck fridge is a flat steel pry bar. remove screws inside fridge and flue (where fitted) and covers. place flat bar under front edge of the fridge (not the door) and ease it upwards a few mm and out a bit at a time. when you can get to the electrical and gas connectors disconnect them (of course the ehu and gas are both off anyway)

some of the worst to take out are the ones played with by owners to stop draughts, using duct tape

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back